Good Bicycle shop in Chiang Mai?

bprhodes

Theres been dozens of threads about bike shops over the years and the list of those who are not recommended is much longer than the good ones.

the stand out name by far I think was Chaitawat on Phra Singh road,

Bike Corner at the end of Changklan I have been a couple of times and good.

Not heard anything good about Arm unless you are a Bianchi rider.

Quite a lot around though and many have moved on.

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Theres been dozens of threads about bike shops over the years and the list of those who are not recommended is much longer than the good ones.

I've never found a bike shop in CM worth visiting (including the one mentioned in the OP) for servicing/repairs.

Bought my own repair kit off Lazada (about 1,000bht) and do everything myself now.

Saved $$$$$s, and if the repairs and servicing aren't up to scratch, nobody to blame but myself.

11 hours ago, Puwa said:

If it's just a matter of regular service--chain, brakes, cables, tape, spokes, drivetrain upgrades--then Chaitawat is probably the most centrally located good shop. Road bikes are easy to service.

I bought my bike from them

Never had a problem with it

I will go back soon to get a new back tyre

Then have them give my bike a good service

I regularly clean my own bike and lubricate my chain too

Y pay more?  Maybe better quality.  Do you pay more for imported food, like meat and cheese? Pay more for better wine, like from OZ, or France?

Ask at the big box sports store where 99.876% of the products sold therein are made...mainland china will be the response. 

If cheap as possible is your need, go china for sure.

Archived