Video: Thai woman shocks crowd by ranting about accident victim

webfact

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Yet another expert on Thai accents ????

Unlike many, I speak write and read fluent Thai, and having lived in Khon Kaen for a decade can quite easily detect a Lao accent when speaking Thai! 

And as for being an 'expert' it appears you certainly consider yourself to be one!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

Anyone cycling or motorcycling knows about getting too close to a parked vehicle at speed because of the distinct possibility a door will fly open. It's standard defensive cycling worldwide. Throwing a door open and attempting to get out without looking can also be quite dangerous to the person doing.

She should have <deleted> and thanked Buddha she wasn't injured.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

how close was he to the taxi when the door opened.don,t think he would have being going fast anyway.i,am sure pay for the damage but she hopes he will not it make over priced. my friend on a bike (farang) hit a scooter he covered the damage.but the thai lady claimed for everything and anything.it would have being cheaper to buy a new scooter than repair or pay what she said was wrong with the bike.towards the end it was a joke but he agreed to sort it out

I think the first lesson I learned when in taxi's in Thailand was to look behind you when opening the door.  A lesson she forgot.  I don't completely fault her except she did grow up with knowing this.  If he's dead, manslaughter, if he's alive, felony assault.  Especially with trying to explain it away.  That would play out great in court...

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Unlike many, I speak write and read fluent Thai, and having lived in Khon Kaen for a decade can quite easily detect a Lao accent when speaking Thai! 

And as for being an 'expert' it appears you certainly consider yourself to be one!

Easy to tell Lao.  They sound French.  :intheclub:

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Of course you do and no doubt  fluent. Good to know Thai may have Lao accents????

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

Of course you do and no doubt  fluent. Good to know Thai may have Lao accents????

What language do you think they speak in Isaan??

They don't speak Thai, they speak a version of Lao, affectionately known in Bangkok as 'Isaan Thai', since they can't seem to bring themselves to accept the fact that not all Thai's speak Thai in everyday speech.

Nobody in Bangkok can understand when they speak Lao, and Yes, it has a very distinct accent when they speak Thai

You clearly have no idea what life is actually like in Thailand. Try to travel up North, 'if' you can actually speak Thai, try to understand the Lao and the Lanna when they talk among themselves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

What language do you think they speak in Isaan??

They don't speak Thai, they speak a version of Lao, affectionately known in Bangkok as 'Isaan Thai', since they can't seem to bring themselves to accept the fact that not all Thai's speak Thai in everyday speech.

Nobody in Bangkok can understand when they speak Lao, and Yes, it has a very distinct accent when they speak Thai

You clearly have no idea what life is actually like in Thailand. Try to travel up North, 'if' you can actually speak Thai, try to understand the Lao and the Lanna when they talk among themselves

I hear from google search in Isaan they speak Isaan. 

Really ? Nobody can understand Isaan in Bangkok ? Wow , amazing 

So the ones from Surin speak with Cambodian accents ? And nobody can understand them?

35 minutes ago, BestB said:

Right,????????????

Well, I wouldn't expect an American who spends his time sat in a bar in Pattaya to understand.

I speak both Thai and Lao. My wife, who watched the video, also speaks Lao and Thai, not hard for her to definitively say that the woman is Central Thai.

Try getting around Thailand more instead of sitting in your bar chatting to ladyboys.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

I hear from google search in Isaan they speak Isaan. 

Really ? Nobody can understand Isaan in Bangkok ? Wow , amazing 

So the ones from Surin speak with Cambodian accents ? And nobody can understand them?

Do you ever watch Thai TV?

There is a current sitcom, running; Suphapburut Sut Soi. It's basically a couple of Isaan brothers and their nanny living in Bangkok. When they speak Lao, they subtitle it in Thai!

Sure they just subtitle it for fun!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well, I wouldn't expect an American who spends his time sat in a bar in Pattaya to understand.

I speak both Thai and Lao. My wife, who watched the video, also speaks Lao and Thai, not hard for her to definitively say that the woman is Central Thai.

Try getting around Thailand more instead of sitting in your bar chatting to ladyboys.

Let me guess, did you pick up on my American accent from me posting “ right” or the emoji ?

the same wife who does not know about red plates log book regulations ? 

Roger????

19 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Do you ever watch Thai TV?

There is a current sitcom, running; Suphapburut Sut Soi. It's basically a couple of Isaan brothers and their nanny living in Bangkok. When they speak Lao, they subtitle it in Thai!

Sure they just subtitle it for fun!

Yeah I watch lots of tv in Thailand , hbo, Fox movies.

so explain to me in your expert  opinion how does speaking 2 languages equates to having an accent from another country?

take it away????

Just now, BestB said:

Let me guess, did you pick up on my American accent from me posting “ right” or the emoji ?

the same wife who does not know about red plates log book regulations ? 

Roger????

Why would my wife know about red plate log book regulations? Neither I nor her have ever driven a red plate vehicle before.

How do I know that you are American? I've been in your bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why would my wife know about red plate log book regulations? Neither I nor her have ever driven a red plate vehicle before.

How do I know that you are American? I've been in your bar.

????????????, good to see married man spending all his time in girly bars 

Yes why would she know, ignorance is a bliss????

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

????????????, good to see married man spending all his time in girly bars 

Yes why would she know, ignorance is a bliss????

I've been in once, never again. Overpriced drinks and too many ladyboys.

19 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well boys you continue to have fun with this one, but honestly his reply to the question "do you watch Thai TV" says it all....that's priceless!

You mean like being clueless about languages ? not knowing the difference bertween languages, accents and dialects ????????

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

You mean like being clueless about languages ? not knowing the difference bertween languages, accents and dialects ????????

My wife's mother lives in Surin and Thai's don't understand her.  It is not an accent and neither is Issan it is a different language.  When the Surin girls in the bar know you speak Thai they switch to Issan.  When they know you speak Issan they switch to Khmer when they know you speak Khmer they switch to Soui when they know you speak Soui they marry you.