Norwegian Airlines

mackayae

I flew them once from JFK to BKK, on whatever they called the premium economy, business class thing.    It wasn't worth the trouble for the ticket price, and having to deal with JFK.        The return flight also arrived at JFK too late to fly out on a separate airline.  You either had to camp out overnight in the airport, or pay for a nearby hotel.    I also got stuck in Stockholm for two days on the return trip due to bad weather in NYC.   The plane departed an hour early to avoid the weather, and the subsequent flights cancelled.

Since actual business class on some Chinese airlines is just a little more if you book in advance, I've not used them since.      (Hainan, China Eastern)     

38 minutes ago, mackayae said:

Anyone have experience with Norwegian Airlines?

No personal experience, but I'm an avid airmiles collector and keep a close eye on reviews and value of all the airlines.  

Norwegian is highly regarded in the value sector of aviation.

I'm one of those people that would try it just for the sheer hell of it if it suited my pocket.  

Everyone can relate a negative story even on the best airlines but we all have different expectations and priorities so I would say go for it.  I suspect you've found a decent price but slightly unnerved by the bargain that you've found.  

I've flown with the a few times from Bangkok to Stockholm. The planes were nice and new and the entertainment system nice. Leg room was alright, but I've definitely seen better. It's very much a "no frills" airline, so make sure to book food and stuff in advance (though the food has been sub-par when I've flown with them).

Not as good as KLM and Turkish Airlines in my experience, but quite a bit cheaper.

Archived