Video: Motorcyclist killed as he is run over by ten wheel truck at U-turn

webfact

Video: Motorcyclist killed as he is run over by ten wheel truck at U-turn

7pm.jpg

Footage from a U-turn in Nakon Pathom showed the moment a 60 year old motorcyclist was killed. 

Kimlong Angsanawasin had slowed down next to a white Toyota to allow an 18 wheel truck to do a U-turn in front of them. 

But from behind came Santisak Phimthong, 41, in a ten wheeler. Kimlong died at the scene.

Santisak said he couldn't brake in time due to his heavy load.

He was taken in by police and charged though TNA did not specify what he was charged with. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-22

27 minutes ago, neeray said:

"Santisak said he couldn't brake in time due to his heavy load."

He failed to be in total control of his truck (no matter what the load).

Guilty !

Next

My guess is that he was probably observing some "skirts" walking along instead of observing the traffic flow. The video does not indicate any great degree of speed. Nor does it seem to indicate any breaking effort at all until it was way to late.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Obviously not paying any attention to the traffic situation ahead, being a large truck he should have had a good view ahead & seen the other truck doing a U turn, he hit the back of the white car first then took-out the motorcycle all while "trying to stop"

I hope the police check the trucks brakes & check the load it was carrying, then punish him and his company for every baht they can get, then give it to the poor mans family !!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, neeray said:

"Santisak said he couldn't brake in time due to his heavy load."

He failed to be in total control of his truck (no matter what the load).

Guilty !

Next

Another liar driver. he was accelerating he past the  white sedan in that short distance.

Edited by 1337markus
spello
  • Confused 1

The reason you can't stop for a crosswalk, yellow light, or even a recently turned red light when you are on a scooter in Thailand. Generally, it's not what is in front of you that is of concern it is what is coming up from behind. RIP dude. 

• Like 2

No good brakes on that truck , and the driver was brainless.  So nothing new here really .

Take care out there if you're on a bike. Look in the mirror at all times and expect the unexpected. 

Edited by balo

What I don't get is why, in Thailand ... maybe elsewhere in the world... , every time there is an accident the driver is charged with some criminal charge. Booze and drugs I understand and stupidity is unforgivable, but if Thailand dubbed itself with no fault insurance as in many other countries in the world life would be a lot easier.

I am just scared that one day (hope not today nor ever!) some stupid 13 year old with 4 of his buddies pop out of nowhere in front of me and I kill the lot resulting in me being arrested and going to jail. Not to mention that one can be guilty for hitting head on someone going counter traffic. Just blows me away!

An accident is an accident and there are never any smart accidents.

• Like 1