Teens warned of unsafe sex during Loy Krathong Festival

webfact

Teens warned of unsafe sex during Loy Krathong Festival

By The Nation

d1a3ff5d4c6417699089b4d463e68919.jpeg

Photo : Tatchadon Panyaphanitkul

Teenagers have been warned not to engage in inappropriate sexual behaviour or unsafe sex during the Loy Krathong Festival.

The Public Health Ministry's Department of Health deputy chief Dr Bancha Khakhong said on Thursday that young people usually release flowery floats into rivers and water sources at night during the festival and then hang out or attend booze-drinking parties. This impairs their judgement and self-control and poses a risk of unprotected sex that could lead to unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

Bancha urged boys to be responsible and use condoms.

Young women could also take emergency birth-control pills sold over-counter to reduce the chance of pregnancy, the official said, warning that such medicine however isn't for regular use as it was less effective compared to other methods.

"The best way is to restrain one's emotion, refrain from sex or have protected sex, and to be aware of the issue of premature sex and subsequent problems," Bancha said.

Families can provide good advice to youngsters about appropriate interaction with members of the opposite sex, and Thailand's traditional values of reserving themselves and the respectful treatment of women and girls, the officials said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30359094

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-22
  • Haha 2

"Bancha urged boys to be responsible and use condoms.

Young women could also take emergency birth-control pills sold over-counter to reduce the chance of pregnancy..."

All you ever needed to know about sex-ed in Thailand!

Ridiculous!

????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grumbleweed said:

So they've managed to pinpoint the cause.

I'm surprised one the "top" universities hasn't claimed it as a newly discovered breakthrough in preventing unwanted pregnancies

They haven't solved all the other pressing problems as yet, it's on the "to do list".

Deputy Chief's of government departments are usually over-shadowed by the all-seeing Chief who have the right to make numerous stupid comments,  so guess this was his opportunity to state the bleeding obvious as if he had made a major break-through in the field of human studies, so go easy on his ego.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"The best way is to restrain one's emotion, refrain from sex or have protected sex, and to be aware of the issue of premature sex and subsequent problems," Bancha said

I wonder how many of these moralizing ministry level bureaucrats have giks, support mia nois, and/or hang out at karaoke bars and private clubs which are loosely fronts for prostitution. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

So they've managed to pinpoint the cause.

I'm surprised one the "top" universities hasn't claimed it as a newly discovered breakthrough in preventing unwanted pregnancies

Ahhh, but first there will have to be lengthy investigations, after which numerous meetings with all stakeholders to discuss the social implications, after which the Thai patent office will inform the university that foreigner interests have already filed numerous patent applications addressing their 'newly discovered breakthrough'.  :whistling:

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It makes the girls inconceivable. Where as total abstinence  makes them impregnable.

I like that bluesofa , I will try to remember it . Lots of bangs last night but only bothered my ears . TW visiting rellies and the only bangs I get are preceded by a quick flash followed by smoking.

• Haha 2