Extreme weather in Pattaya

DrTuner

I'm looking out of my window and see only black right at this moment. The heaviest thunderstorm I can remember in 11 years is pouring down like crazy, there will likely be flooding all over. You've been warned.

What the hell happened to dry season?

radar.JPG.729529fa57ff700cc84a650fdc044ffc.JPG

Sitting here after another hot and dry day (400 km away).

Always stunning how close the extremes are.

Not really a surprise.

It's two days that I read about a big depression over the southern gulf.

Seems to have moved north.

Oh come on it was not that bad?  I was out on my bicycle 2 hours after the storm had passed and almost dry most places. We've had at least 4 other heavy storms the last months that were similar or worse. 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

How dare you make such a statement when so many are clearly highly excited about the recent opening of Terminal 21?

Well it beats , soi 6 or boyz town(must be inclusive) for excitement any day , i mean that model Eiffel tower and leaning tower of Pisa are just the thing to sit and look at on a rainy day . not to mention the food court , i mean why in Gods name would we come to live in Pattaya ,if it was not for such excitement as the shopping malls?

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Well it beats , soi 6 or boyz town(must be inclusive) for excitement any day , i mean that model Eiffel tower and leaning tower of Pisa are just the thing to sit and look at on a rainy day . not to mention the food court , i mean why in Gods name would we come to live in Pattaya ,if it was not for such excitement as the shopping malls?

From your complete description of everything inside, it sounds like you're also enjoying the wifi there as well.

Crack on, and try not to forget with all the excitement you're truly enjoying; take lots of photos of all the eye candy to be had. ????

22 hours ago, fanjita said:

Climate change gone mad and fully expect a huge death toll to be announced tomorrow morning.  Could be an act of God for Pattaya's indiscretions, though.

Absolutely fine here in central LOS.  

Apart from the police, their moneygrabbing, and the shirtless morons, would you like to tell us about Pattayas "indiscretions"?

And please don't tell us about prostitution.

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Is Pattaya the most smelly city in Thailand? 

Cant remember I have reacted to any other city in Thailand about the smell as Pattaya. 

Chinatown in BKK gives stiff competition to the epicenter at Pattaya Tai next to tukcom.

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote: "What the hell happened to the dry season". It is in full swing across the north of Thailand - beautiful warm and sunny weather each day. Fantastic views of the mountains and forests. Lakeside restaurants to relax at and enjoy a cool beer!

It's really nice here too now. I'm hoping that was the last big one, it's very late in the year to have these. It was strong enough to cause my roof to leak due to the backwash between the tiles, never happened before and the roof is fairly steep. Wasn't rain, it was a deluge. Never been in a hurricane but I'd guess if you add 200km/h winds it'd be similar. Also seems it was very, very localized.

Sodom & Gomorrah, 2 strangers dressed in ancient looking robes visited me and said, "you and your family must move out of this city for God has not found good people and he shall destroy this city, do not look back as you leave if you do you will turn into a tree".

The Farang god is an angry God. But I am more afraid of Trump playing God bombing the poor north koreans.

Good luck to you Pattayans for God has mercy on you.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, bert bloggs said:

Well it beats , soi 6 or boyz town(must be inclusive) for excitement any day , i mean that model Eiffel tower and leaning tower of Pisa are just the thing to sit and look at on a rainy day

I don't think any of the erections in soi 6 or Boyztown can compete... 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:54 AM, balo said:
On 11/23/2018 at 7:46 PM, Kim J said:

That is indeed one positive that comes from the rainy season

Finally you agree on something.

November 22 is NOT the rainy season at all. It's way past the end of it and it is probably one of the worst rain showers in Pattaya in November for many years, but calling it the worst in 11 years (as one poster did) is a stretch. I remember seeing Pattaya Tai as a virtual river back in mid-2015. I was having a coffee in Starbucks and it provided riverbank style scenery under the moonlight.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

November 22 is NOT the rainy season at all. It's way past the end of it and it is probably one of the worst rain showers in Pattaya in November for many years, but calling it the worst in 11 years (as one poster did) is a stretch. I remember seeing Pattaya Tai as a virtual river back in mid-2015. I was having a coffee in Starbucks and it provided riverbank style scenery under the moonlight.

The big 2015 one was November 15

in 2014 the big one was Halloween day October 31

Last year was October 22

Usually the stray flooding is around mid October, this year it has been unusually late and even the humidity lingers around now still.

Archived