Visa Advice for Thai GF

Heres my current situation:

I’ve been in Thailand for 2.5 years. Been with the gf for 2 years not married. We have a son who is 9 months old and has a British passport.

Gf has been refused a standard visit visa 6 months two times now. Right now she does not work as she takes care of our son full time. One refusal was two years ago and one was as recent as this week.

I work in Thailand as a teacher have work permit etc. make peanuts, in the region of 30k baht per month to give you an idea.

I went back to the UK for holiday recently and was offered a good job with a decent enough salary over 30k £ per year.

Unfortunately this job offer is only gonna last until the end of December until the company try to find someone else.

I would just like to know anybody’s thoughts, is there a certain visa I should try to apply for, for the Uk after the two refusals for the gf, or should I stay in Thailand? Anybody’s recommendations are welcome. Should I go to the UK for the job then apply for her visa while I’m in the UK working or?

I would prefer the UK but taking my family there at the moment seems impossible and I don’t wanna spend time without my son and his mom. Many thanks in advance for your views.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why were the two visit visas refused? Did you address the problems with the first visa application in the second application?

The best thing to do would be to scan the two refusal letters, erase any names, personal info and post them on here.

• Like 1

Sorry here is the most recent refusal letter. The other refusal from 2 years ago was my own fault and we hadn’t been together long

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
 You state that you wish to travel to the UK for 16 days to visit your boy friends family in the UK. I have taken into account that you have provided details of your sponsor’s financial and living circumstances in the United Kingdom. However the Immigration Rules require me to be satisfied about your intentions to travel to the UK. I must take into consideration your own personal and economic circumstances, especially in the absence of any previous travel history to the UK.
 Further, you state that you are unemployed and that you receive an income of 270000 THB from family per year (equating to 22500 per month) . In support of your application you have submitted a SCB bank statement (a/c number ending ****0148). The documents you have submitted do not demonstrate how you have calculated your claimed income. I am unable to determine this from the evidence provided as the bank statements you have submitted do not reflect your claimed monthly income and I am unable to determine the origin of the deposits made into the account and whether they are related to your claimed income. On the documents submitted I am not satisfied that your income and your overall circumstances are as stated.
 Furthermore given my doubts regarding your income and circumstances I am not satisfied that you have evidenced strong family, social or economic ties to your country of origin to demonstrate that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit. On the documents before me, and the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the UK.
 Taking all of the above into account I am therefore not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who will leave the UK at the end of your visit or who is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes. I have therefore refused your application in accordance with Appendix V4.2 (a) and © of the Immigration Rules.

We have a joint bank account and that was my salary going in, which they knew about because I sent my work permit and contract away.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I don’t meet the financial requirements of the settlement visa. I believe I need to be working there for 6 months to be eligible.

Would it be possible to use one of my family as a sponsor for the application or is that not possible with the settlement visa?

35 minutes ago, Thomas1999 said:

I don’t meet the financial requirements of the settlement visa. I believe I need to be working there for 6 months to be eligible.

Would it be possible to use one of my family as a sponsor for the application or is that not possible with the settlement visa?

Do it, 6 months may seem a long time, but at least you’ll eventually be able to put your kid through a decent education system, or you want to spend the rest of your days trying to provide a decent lifestyle for yourselves on a TEFEL income?

• Like 1

As said six month is really a short period of time (I was separated from my GF/wife for a year or more often over more than 20 years - six months is an overnighter).  As mentioned you now have a child and getting decent education for him on teachers salary here in Thailand would be problematic at best and would offer you no security in latter life.  You will probably want to work to retire in Thailand but for now believe all your interests are best served with a better paying job.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas1999 said:

We have a joint bank account and that was my salary going in, which they knew about because I sent my work permit and contract away.

But did you explain that in your sponsor letter?

6 hours ago, Thomas1999 said:

Sorry here is the most recent refusal letter. The other refusal from 2 years ago was my own fault and we hadn’t been together long

Possibly not but you will still need to address the reasons for refusal from both applications in this application.

I'm slightly confused. You said you had a work permit and were working in Thailand but the refusal letter says you're in the UK. For a Visitor visa all you have to show is that the trip is affordable. This can be from your income or your girlfriend's. A 16 day trip shouldn't cost much if the accommodation is free.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app