"Converting a 30 day visa exempt to a 1 year METV

A multiple entry tourist visa can only be applied for in a person's home country or country of legal residency.

Only a single entry tourist visa that will allow one 60 day entry can be applied for at nearby embassies consulates.

He can get a 30 day extension of his current 30 day entry for a fee of 1900 baht.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry tourist visa can only be applied for in a person's home country or country of legal residency.

Only a single entry tourist visa that will allow one 60 day entry can be applied for at nearby embassies consulates.

He can get a 30 day extension of his current 30 day entry for a fee of 1900 baht.

I wish you had addressed his idea of a METV for 1 year. Is 9 months the maximum? I forget.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I wish you had addressed his idea of a METV for 1 year. Is 9 months the maximum? I forget.

He answered the question - not available.  But no it would not cover one year by itself.

The application fee is 5,000 THB with a visa validity of 6 months and the duration of stay of up to 60 days per visit.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Lads..could you please give me a brief script of what my mate needs to do/take with him if he does a border run. 20000 baht etc.
Which country would be best for him to go to as he currently is in the Chaiyaphum area.

The best place for him to go to would be Vientiane at the embassy's consular section.

He will need to get a Lao visa on arrival. 

They do not ask for tickets out or financial proof to apply for single entry tourist visa. Just a completed application form with 2 photos attached, copy of passport photo page and Lao voa/entry stamp.

The best days to the application is Tuesdays and Wednesday when the visa vans are not there.

• Like 1

The best place for him to go to would be Vientiane at the embassy's consular section.
He will need to get a Lao visa on arrival. 
They do not ask for tickets out or financial proof to apply for single entry tourist visa. Just a completed application form with 2 photos attached, copy of passport photo page and Lao voa/entry stamp.
The best days to the application is Tuesdays and Wednesday when the visa vans are not there.

Many Thanks Joe..
So he would get a Lao VOA at the border..then get to the Thai embassy at Vientianne..by taxi?....will he be able to come back into Thailand the same day? or is it a stay overnight job?
Thanks again Joe

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

So he would get a Lao VOA at the border..then get to the Thai embassy at Vientianne..by taxi?....will he be able to come back into Thailand the same day? or is it a stay overnight job?

He gets the Lao VOA on the Laos side of the bridge in Nong Khai.

A taxi or Tuk Tuk to the consular section which not at the same location as the embassy. 

Apply the morning before 11:30 of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

• Like 1