Thai govt urged to lift ban on e-cigarettes

webfact

7 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

I am not going into the argument smoke or vape etc.People do smoke and people do vape,but one issue that has not been mentioned is the production of the actual vape juice.In areas where it is legal to vape,the production of vape juice is controlled by various regulations so there is some control as to what is exactly in the juice.Where vaping is illegal, the production of the juice has no regulation and as such anyone can knock up a batch of juice in their back room with no regard for health and safety, foodstuff regulation etc and then sell it at street markets,with no control over what they are actually selling(and we are all aware of the Thai attitude to health and safety  with regard to foodstuffs)

I vape when I am in Thailand but I will not use the juice from the market stalls but bring it with me.

As an ex vaper living in Thailand, very little, if any e - juice is made for sale in Thailand, the vast majority comes over the border from Malaysia and some is smuggled in from the US, UK and others, even the stuff for sale on the market stalls...fact 

So now having corrected your Thai bashing diatribe, there is not much else to comment on in your submission

• Like 1

The wonderful thing is that whatever you want to prove, the evidence is found on Google. 

I don't know if vaping is less harmful than cigarette smoking. All I can say is that about 18 months ago I switched from cigarettes to IQOS, which is heated, not burned. I feel better and lost the cough that accompanied me for decades. I would like it to be allowed.

I don't suggest vaping is healthy, but perhaps it kills a little slower....

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:23 PM, silver sea said:

Hello Machiavelli,

Thank you for reading and making a comment on my earlier post. 

I have always found Dr Mercola helpful on a wide range of health matters. I was 120 kgs, but have managed to lose 40 kgs. I am still overweight, but I feel much happier in myself.

I find his articles on vaping persuasive and that was why I gave a link to one of them on this thread in the hope that it might be of interest to other people. But it is up to them whether they vape or not.

If, after doing your research, you are happy to smoke cigarettes, and/or vape, then that is your informed choice and good luck to you. I hope you enjoy a long, happy and healthy life ????

Life is overrated. Let me know when some dead guy calls clamoring to be back on earth. I'll keep the line open for the next million years. Don't forget to call when the miracle happens.????

On 11/26/2018 at 3:13 PM, Scottjouro said:

I used to smoke 40 a day and after many other attempts to stop smoking involving patches, gum, medication (champex) etc, an e-cig stopped me smoking cigarettes and ultimately i stopped using the vape as well..been 3 years now...so in my case a vape gave the exact result it was invented for

I always find it amusing that people find it hard to kick a habit. Here is one the number one killer method; stop buying cigarettes. Start knitting or something. 

11 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

I always find it amusing that people find it hard to kick a habit. Here is one the number one killer method; stop buying cigarettes. Start knitting or something. 

Glad you find it amusing, but your remarks display your complete ignorance of the topic, stop posting on subjects you know nothing about and maybe start knitting or something...

and to correct your little factoid... actually heart disease is the number one killer...whats your BMI tubby ?...put down the donuts, your addicted...stop buying eating the fatty food  

"Nicotine is as addictive as heroin, cocaine, or alcohol"

https://drug.addictionblog.org/how-addictive-is-nicotine/

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, StefanBBK said:

The wonderful thing is that whatever you want to prove, the evidence is found on Google. 

I don't know if vaping is less harmful than cigarette smoking. All I can say is that about 18 months ago I switched from cigarettes to IQOS, which is heated, not burned. I feel better and lost the cough that accompanied me for decades. I would like it to be allowed.

I don't suggest vaping is healthy, but perhaps it kills a little slower....

'I don't suggest vaping is healthy, but perhaps it kills a little slower....'

A lot slower most likely.  As you say, you are much healthier.

12 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Here's the expert critique of the John Hopkins study, which was alarmist.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/73683/dangerous-metals-in-vaping-put-into-context/

'Some people fear all chemicals and metals in any quantity. They seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of toxic exposures.'

My last exposure to this was looking into using a Potassium Alum block, having previously used a simple 'Ammonium Alum' anti-perspirant stone (for after-shave). People talk about the dangers of 'aluminium' getting absorbed into your skin, and generally have a ridiculous fear that they're going to get poisoned.

Most of their research, also, is limited to using Google and bringing up the loudest and most emotionally charged arguments.

Thus ignorance abounds. When it comes to tobacco, you're adding in massive medical/financial issues (like the amazing US FDA who need something to be proven beyond 99.9% certain before they can suggest it as a good alternative...).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 1:56 PM, DrTuner said:

Nickel was one of the metals. Change the coils to stainless and it'll go away, as will many others when running sensible temps. With current TC mods I see no reason to run anything but SS316/304. Of course somchai will run a burnt out wick with kanthal and a suicide mech mod to run at 5800 DegF with juice distilled from used McD grease. Cheap cheap!

The main worry is crappy Chinese and Malaysian factories producing e-juice with who knows what's in it. 

I was watching 1 week ago a top medical professor on BBC Breakfast who was involved in the research of vaping . He was independent of any sponsorship by vaping companies . In a nut shell he said that vaping was a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes . Main reason was zero tar & that is what does the damage . Nicotine by itself , although addictive , is tolerated by the body . 

As you say, by far the biggest problem is sourcing reliable , regulated and safe liquid . The UK now has dedicated vaping shops that sell legally produced vaping liquid manufactured in the UK .  However over here in Thailand can you trust what you are buying to be authentic ? I reckon not as YouTube videos have shown . Have a friend who brings his own from the UK disguised in a large  hair shampoo bottle .

• Like 1