Is onward flight 90 days later okay at Savannakhet?

On my way to Savannakhet now to get another tourist visa.  They require an onward flight out of Thailand.  The visa will allow 60 days, but I plan to get a 30 day extension, so I booked the flight for just under 90 days after entry. 

Will they be okay with the 90 day flight at the consulate?  Or are they gonna tell me it has to be within 60 days?

If it must be 60 days, will they accept a bus ticket?

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will accept a ticket out within 90 days of the date the visa is applied for.

Would they also accept a ticket out within 150 days in the case of a single-entry non-O for marriage (90 days + 60-day extension for visiting wife)?

Just now, OJAS said:

Would they also accept a ticket out within 150 days in the case of a single-entry non-O for marriage (90 days + 60-day extension for visiting wife)?

No ticket out is required to apply for a single entry non-o visa. It is only needed for tourist visa applications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asdfrules said:

What a relief.  Thank you so much!

Last reports i read here were about six months ago when they didnt ask for a flight, but for sure required a bank statement.

Would be great if the OP could let us know if they do actually ask him for a flight ticket this time ?

Perhaps other members also have recent information if a flight ticket was asked for?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will accept a ticket out within 90 days of the date the visa is applied for.

Can the ticket can be to any neighbouring country, bangkok to vientaine/laos will be accepted for example? 

Edited by sanook 1

41 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Can the ticket can be to any neighbouring country, bangkok to vientaine/laos will be accepted for example? 

If a ticket is required (they may not ask for it) any international flight out of Thailand is acceptable. Indeed, they have even been reported as accepting bus tickets out of Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:08 PM, sapson said:

Did they actually ask you for a flight ticket?

Follow up info appreciated.

Thanks.

I handed the guy my flight booking before he had a chance to ask.  But looking at my research notes, they say a flight out is required.  I believe to any country is fine.  And I've also read that bus tickets are okay too.

I could be wrong, but I believe bank statement is not required.  Either way, I strongly advice one just in case.  I ended up giving him my bank statement, but not sure if he asked for it.

The officer questioned me a lot and said that he'll give me the visa, but told me not to come back there again.  So there you go.  Even after having all those documents printed out, I still got a warning. 

You can read about my experience here:

And here is my report of the whole trip:

• Like 1