Krungthai debit card stopped working in BigC and other stores

About a year ago I got a new debit card with chip and 6 digit PIN.

I’ve been using the card without problems, although most stores still used the swipe with signature.

Recently I noticed I had to enter PIN in most locations, no problem.

But then a few days ago the card was declined at BigC after entering PIN twice. Happened again at a clothing store. I went to BigC again with my own card and my girlfriend’s card (separate accounts, but also Krungthai), both cards were declined (after entering PIN).

I asked at the bank, they had no idea what could cause this, and their suggestion was to reset the PIN (after checking the card worked with their ATM).

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Or possibly, did anyone successfully use their Krungthai debit card with chip and 6 digit PIN in a BigC within the last 2-3 days?

It is Big C they have not trained there staff how to work the new debit cards card reader machines in their stores. This goes for many tesco lotus also. 

There is nothing wrong with your cards. They need to press enter on there card machine enabling you to enter you pin on the customers card machine. 

Edited by ArickChaiyaphum
  • Like 2

Last August I tried to use my Visa card in the petrol station in BKK (which I've done many times) but there was an issue in the office/cabin. I got out the car and went to see the machine and it said in English 'enter PIN' and of course the Thai servers had no idea what that meant - not very helpful. All the other instructions are in Thai so I don't know why this one isn't. It seems to be taking forever to set up the chip and pin in Thailand.