Ukraine introduces martial law citing threat of Russian invasion

webfact

29 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Spot on.

Poroshenko really wants the West to step in.

The Ukraine has been playing that game since the 1640's with astonishingly dire results.

Wouldn't stop Poroshenko tho'.

May the comedian win.

Well ... no more elections so Poroshenko stays on ????

Not to sure if suspended indefinitely or postponed pending the circumstances. 

Either way Poroshenko gets at least 6 more months 

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

So the EU and other countries, some in the EU, condemn this. What don't you understand?

What he doesn't understand (I assume) is that legally the EU is a separate entity from its members. It is in fact what Brexiters would refer to as 'Brussels'.

9 hours ago, Topdoc said:

Independent journalist Graham Phillips reporting on this story from Crimea

He may, or may not be, 'independent'. Given who he (apparently) works for, as shown on his broadcast, it's not perhaps entirely surprising that what he has to say is rather STRONGLY anti-Ukraine & anti-NATO. People can draw their own conclusions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tumama said:

U.S and its lackey states are at it again with their blatant hypocrisy. 

1. Ukraine illegally violated Russian territorial waters.

2. Ukraine refused verbal orders to stop.

3. Ukraine ignored warning shots.

You may be right, or not. The strength of your assertion does suggest that you do have inside information on the matter.

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin's popularity is down too. Crimea is Ukraine. Building that bridge was a provocation. I don't love either side but Russia is the obvious bully in this conflict. I understand not wanting to go to war over this but let's not delude ourselves.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

BS, Crimea was briefly part of Ukraine , historically was always part of Russia .

However in this situation , this is totally irrelevant, Crimea was annexed , bridge was built and it’s a fact .

Ukraine decided to play cat and mouse with Russia .

Your personal dislike of Putin has no relevance here at all.

Introduction of martial law is clear evidence of Poroshenko plan. 

21 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

You may be right, or not. The strength of your assertion does suggest that you do have inside information on the matter.

It’s public information with a number of video clips . Do not neeed to be an “insider” to get access to either????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

It’s public information with a number of video clips . Do not neeed to be an “insider” to get access to either????

Yes-inded it is.

The fellow is a clown and has tried the usual gambit feeding into the usual paranoia.

Hopefully everyone will ignore him and think seriously about these dumb Eastern European would be dictators-and that includes Hungary.

BS, Crimea was briefly part of Ukraine , historically was always part of Russia .

However in this situation , this is totally irrelevant, Crimea was annexed , bridge was built and it’s a fact .

Ukraine decided to play cat and mouse with Russia .

Your personal dislike of Putin has no relevance here at all.

Introduction of martial law is clear evidence of Poroshenko plan. 

Nothing to like about Putin.

You can play act his propagandist but most people aren't so dumb as to buy that.

Here's some good background on the current crisis.

Why the Russia-Ukraine Conflict Is Now Flaring at Sea

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-26/why-the-russia-ukraine-conflict-is-now-flaring-at-sea-quicktake

With Nato playing in the old Soviet fields, it is going to be a conflict sooner or later. Russia is no better or worse than many of our alliance friends and friends of friends.

Russia was left with broken back by USA, and given horrible terms and loans after the Afghan failure. It is quite difficult game we are playing, and some reactions is expected. I have full understanding why the russia need Crimea, and not go west for their needs. Less ice in North, and trading partner and stronger allied with China, we will see another game for sure. Pick your game with care I would say. Crimea is a ok offer for anything else on the table. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You can play act his propagandist but most people aren't so dumb as to buy that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-26/why-the-russia-ukraine-conflict-is-now-flaring-at-sea-quicktake

Again totally irrelevant and again your personal diskike of Putin has nothing to do with this incident 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again totally irrelevant and again your personal diskike of Putin has nothing to do with this incident 

Just now, BestB said:

Yup-the guy obsessively shrieks about Trump and Putin.

Apparently Americans are totally binary in their approach to life.

Too much Forrest Gump one would expect.It must be hell to discover that life isn't just like a box of chocolates-especially after you have eaten them all.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yup-the guy obsessively shrieks about Trump and Putin.

Apparently Americans are totally binary in their approach to life.

Too much Forrest Gump one would expect.It must be hell to discover that life isn't just like a box of chocolates-especially after you have eaten them all.

It is not about Putin or Trump, it is about Nato provoking Russia! 

Imaging Canada start dealing with Russia as a neighbour? 

Edited by Hummin

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is not about Putin or Trump, it is about Nato provoking Russia! 

I was responding to another post deriving from 'Jingthing' so we have a major parenthesis happening here..

Never mind..some music..

Edited by Odysseus123

More nonsense, if he did, he would have taken it already.

Repetitive anti Putin bs does not become any more true with repeating it over and over 

Others can see more clearly what he's done and what he's doing. The reason he goes in steps is to test the pushback. Duh.

Russia’s latest attack on the Ukrainians is a warning to the West

On Saturday evening, three small Ukrainian naval vessels left the Ukrainian port of Odessa and headed for the Ukrainian port of Mariupol. Along the way, they had to pass through the Kerch Strait, a sliver of water that lies between the Russian-occupied Crimean Peninsula and the Russian mainland. The Ukrainian ships were well within their rights to be there — a similar group of ships went through the strait just a month ago, and a 2003 treaty guarantees the rights of both nations to use those waters. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/russias-latest-attack-on-the-ukrainians-is-a-warning-to-the-west/2018/11/26/5c1f3634-f1b6-11e8-aeea-b85fd44449f5_story.html

2 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

A feminist kicks a guy in the balls, then he calls her a bitch, and she screams "misogyny". In no time, the Twitter twits want him castrated. LOL!????

Eh?

This thread's about diplomacy,gun boats,a whiff of cordite and the usual fantasies associated with male activities..

Crikey..the Ukraine might be a domino..does anyone remember the crazy American domino theory-back there when the world was young?

You being a Putin fan boy has nothing to do with it either I suppose. Dude, desist from personalizing this. It's cheap and weak. The topic is the topic. The topic is not me. Got it?

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Others can see more clearly what he's done and what he's doing. The reason he goes in steps is to test the pushback. Duh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/russias-latest-attack-on-the-ukrainians-is-a-warning-to-the-west/2018/11/26/5c1f3634-f1b6-11e8-aeea-b85fd44449f5_story.html

Oh yes, anti Trump and Anti Russian media reports , so it must be so.

So following your logic, it was Putin who sent 3 ships to sail , It was Putin who made them ignore all warning signs and it was Putin who declared martial law in Ukraine just before the elections where current president has 80% disapproval rating.

Did I get it all correct ?

Do try to think instead of posting nonsense.

Ukraine did not dispute that fact it was in Russian waters. Ukraine only disputed that it had notified Russians and Russians are saying they did not .

Now if Ukraine is being truthful and coastguard tells you to stop, you stop to confirm  or wait for clarifications, you do not ignore or do not respond and continue in total disregard 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin wants more than Crimea. Obviously.

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

More nonsense, if he did, he would have taken it already.

Repetitive anti Putin bs does not become any more true with repeating it over and over 

Spot on.

It is obvious that the regime in Kiev is in a tailspin and that short of some dramatic action Poroshenko is a goner.

Most of the gang around him won't fare much better, especially not if Timoshenko ever gets the presidency... which might happen if the US decides to ditch Poroshenko.  For them the options are either to leave the Ukraine or face some serious jail time.  Sort of the same situation as Saakashvili had to face.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I was responding to another post deriving from 'Jingthing' so we have a major parenthesis happening here..

Never mind..some music..

Where was I wrong? I stated my personal opinion, wich I feel most forget! Nato is pushing their limits.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Russia’s latest attack on the Ukrainians is a warning to the West

On Saturday evening, three small Ukrainian naval vessels left the Ukrainian port of Odessa and headed for the Ukrainian port of Mariupol. Along the way, they had to pass through the Kerch Strait, a sliver of water that lies between the Russian-occupied Crimean Peninsula and the Russian mainland. The Ukrainian ships were well within their rights to be there — a similar group of ships went through the strait just a month ago, and a 2003 treaty guarantees the rights of both nations to use those waters. 

Whilst true that according to the 2003 treaty, Ukraine does have the right to sail through the strait. What the columnist conveniently leaves out however, is that they need to seek permission first. Which was according to the Russians was not done. Judging from them refusing to obey the coastguards orders and ignored warning shots being fired at them, it should be pretty obvious to anyone that they also didn't follow the rule of applying for permission.

What this is is an obvious provocation. Ukraine knows very well that even if they are the ones who break laws and provoke Russia, U.S and its lackey states will immediately back them regardless how bizarre it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1