Britain will head into unknown if Brexit deal is rejected - May

webfact

45 minutes ago, nontabury said:

It just seem that a very high % of the poster who are in support of the U.K. remaining in the E.U. are citizens of the E.U. While nearly 100% of those championing Brexit, are U.K citizens. I wonder why.

You do? I don't wonder at all. Close to half of the UK voters saw the folly in Brexit and I'm sure they were supported by many in the EU.

Did that answer your question?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well he certainly got one thing right, when he described May’s so called agreement, as a very good deal for the E.U.

That's what happens when one part needs the other way more than the other way around.

51 minutes ago, nontabury said:

It just seem that a very high % of the poster who are in support of the U.K. remaining in the E.U. are citizens of the E.U. While nearly 100% of those championing Brexit, are U.K citizens. I wonder why.

EBEDB7E1-DAE7-4B94-AAFF-3C6F25D352CC.jpeg

Hmm, seems like you're heading to Ireland. Honestly, haven't they suffered enough?!

Or are you walking clean across the Atlantic into the slimy embrace of the man-child?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Becker said:

Hmm, seems like you're heading to Ireland. Honestly, haven't they suffered enough?!

Or are you walking clean across the Atlantic into the slimy embrace of the man-child?

I like it how Northern Ireland is not part of the U.K on that map. The best possible outcome of this mess is Irish reunification and Scottish independence. 

**rubbing hands**

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well you are most certainly interested in mine regarding this topic chummy...

Do you have something to hide....?

I really don't care where you're from so I've never asked. You. OTOH, seem surprisingly curios about my nationality.

Are you drunk......chummy?

4 hours ago, Becker said:

You seem to be stuck in a time warp. The days of the British empire is long gone and today your nation of 60+ mill. needs Europe's 450(ish) mill. far more than Europe needs you.

Let me repeat; faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more.

Nothing to do with time warps.

The UK has often helped keep the bankrupt EU afloat.

We will see, as far as I recall the EU exports faaaaaaaaaar more goods to the UK than it imports.

Who needs who more ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Becker said:

You do? I don't wonder at all. Close to half of the UK voters saw the folly in Brexit and I'm sure they were supported by many in the EU.

Did that answer your question?

No, and further more you have not answered transams post No 54.

I wonder why?

And as for your point that many E.U. Citizens support the remainers. Well to be honest, I and the majority of Brits, could’t Give a shxt what you think.

Although on second thoughts,I do appreciate that an ever increasing number of Europeams, are also seeing the folly of the hated E.U.

2 hours ago, Becker said:

I really don't care where you're from so I've never asked. You. OTOH, seem surprisingly curios about my nationality.

Are you drunk......chummy?

Drunk or spelling mistakes is the normal reply for "cornered" folk..????

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

No, and further more you have not answered transams post No 54.

Answered in post #56. If there was anything unclear about my reply please don't hesitate to ask for a clarification (although "none of your business" should be clear to all but the dimmest of intellects).

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Nothing to do with time warps.

The UK has often helped keep the bankrupt EU afloat.

We will see, as far as I recall the EU exports faaaaaaaaaar more goods to the UK than it imports.

Who needs who more ?

Far be it from me to give anyone advise on how to make meaningful comparisons from statistics, but there is a totally basic point being missed here. It is pretty irrelevant how much the relative exports are in absolute terms, what matters is how much that means to the two parties.

The £274 billion exports of goods and services to other EU countries were worth 13.4% of the value of the British economy in 2017. It’s been at around 12-15% over the past decade.

Exports from the rest of the EU to the UK were worth about 3-4% of the size of the remaining EU’s economy in 2016. In simple terms they (The rEU) are so much larger than us, that the proportional effect on them is much smaller than it is on us. We need them more than they need us, obviously, which is why it doesn't matter which deranged Hard Brexiteer was negotiating, Bojo, JRM, or whoever, the answer would be the same. The big joke is that there are plenty of people who are still talking about getting better terms like the DUP. It's just a meaningless pitch to their core voters, the answer was NO, though it suits some politicians not to recognize this. 

Edited by Nigel Garvie
emphasis
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

EBEDB7E1-DAE7-4B94-AAFF-3C6F25D352CC.jpeg

I'm both

Here’s a pragmatic view of what would happen if the terms of the referendum are met and we actually leave the EU (no one voted for a deal it was leave or remain). As you can see it’s nothing like the Armageddon the BBC propaganda predicts, no recession just a small short term dip in GDP.

https://www.businessinsider.com/no-deal-brexit-impact-uk-economy-2018-7

• Like 1