Microsoft sales service in CM

plachon

I need to renew my Office 365 Personal subscription for another year, as it runs out soon, but am having trouble doing it online over the debit card payment. Was wondering if anyone can recommend a Microsoft accredited shop somewhere not too far from city centre that would do it and I just pay them, rather than faffing around online. Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, steven2018 said:

Just buy the Office software pack, you won't get updates, but you will own it. Unless the cloud storage is what you want.

I went to one of the computer centres just beyond Huay Kaew Rd, parallel with the canal, and a guy there helped me to try and pay online via my Microsoft a/c, which took a long time and was complex, due to the need to pay in GBP via a UK bank a/c (Wouldn't accept my Thai debit card). It finally looked like the payment had gone through, and I was set to go, but looked back in my Microsoft account today and no recognition of payment and still reminders saying I had to renew my subscription for another year. Tried to contact someone on their helpline (as opposed to crappy automatic responses), but that didn't work, as took too long. So now back to square one and it runs out in a few days time...

The guy in computer shop did have an Office pack for sale (at 1,700 Baht, so cheaper than renewing at UK price of 60 GBP), but worried that this would somehow be substandard or limited in some way once I get back to UK. Would this be the case or am I better off getting this cheaper Thai Office software option. Not v. technically savvy about these things, so need to be sure of my options before going ahead with letting my present annual subscription lapse. Cheers.

The software option comes in various flavors, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ... depending on your needs. If it is a legitimate version, personally I would choose that. And I do run the stand-alone software option on my computer.

The software version will get dated at some point and will not keep up with the 'new' features of the online subscription. But for me, a word processor and excel spreadsheet program hardly get dated in practical use.

If you choose to purchase the software option, be sure to get a valid working 'key code' in case you need to reinstall the software.

Why waste your money on a subscription based service? Either way, you can purchase the twenty five character code needed via eBay or the like.

Alternatively you can simply purchase the latest software Microsoft Office 2019, again via eBay. Professional Plus is remarkably cheap there as they are VL products.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:33 PM, steven2018 said:

The software option comes in various flavors, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ... depending on your needs. If it is a legitimate version, personally I would choose that. And I do run the stand-alone software option on my computer.

The software version will get dated at some point and will not keep up with the 'new' features of the online subscription. But for me, a word processor and excel spreadsheet program hardly get dated in practical use.

If you choose to purchase the software option, be sure to get a valid working 'key code' in case you need to reinstall the software.

Thanks for your answer. Been out of town for a couple of days and only just got back. My subscription runs out tomorrow, so need to act today to install a legit version of Office. Will take your advice and avoid the annual subscription route. Can you recommend any particular shop in CM to reliably and honestly sell a legit MS Office package, so I can carry on using the software w/o interruption?

Archived