Land and Property Valuation

Hi

My Thai wife and I are divorcing and as part of the divorce I need to get a market valuation of our land and property in Phattalung province.  Would anyone be able to recommend a reliable firm that would be able to cary out the valuation?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I think you may have difficulty and would have to pay a large amount to get someone professional to do it given its location, so you need to decide whether the property value is worth the cost of a proper valuation or the cost of the valuation is going to be to many % of the actual value. I suppose if you are splitting it between you the simplest way would be to check on the Government Assessed Value of the land, and for the building do a simple depreciated replacement cost. You could then agree that is the base value and if the property is sold you would share the actual proceeds per your agreement.

It would be very difficult for even a professional valuer to assess property in rural locations due to the paucity (or no) transaction data and the fact they are likely to have little or no actual knowledge of the area.