Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Forgive my curiosity, but did you learn your English at the knee of the late and great Ralph L. Finn, of whom I have been a lifelong fan?

never heard of the bloke,if you cannot understand it you need help

22 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Perhaps you'd rather I simply used short monosyllabic sentences as per the Sun, Star or Sport to make it easier for them?

With a picture of a woman with her tits out to grab their attention?

Not going to; and your comment shows how little respect you have for the comprehension abilities of your fellow Brexiteers here!

Every thought of going into journalism? You seem to have a pretty good, er, grasp of the things which make the popular press popular!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

never heard of the bloke,if you cannot understand it you need help

You should look him up and try one of his books. Magic. Oh, and I perfectly understood your interesting and relevant posting.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bomber said:

brexiteers seem to think the EU has total control over every little issue in their sad lives,its all in their simple minds,they are brainwashed paranoid freaks,daft think is not one aspect of their lives will improve with brexit in any form but they cannot see it,i will love to see the thailand based ones like the owl suffer the most, bring on 35bt to the pound YIPPEEE,there's ya beloved brexit,lets not to forget the Turkeys of sunderland

I would have put it slightly differently and init caps, full stops and punctuation are important, that said I agree if you were unhappy before you will be unhappy after whatever happens. We are the little people blowing in the wind of richer more powerful people and systems. Que sera sera.......whatever will be will be...

Here's a blast from the past to make all you Brexiteers - happy once again. At least you have the memories of The Day We Took Our Country Back.....

Image result for brexit happiness

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Attached is the FUTURE OF EUROPE: European Parliament sets Out Its Vision from 2017.

Look at the Parliament, Junker and Macron statements, especially regarding defence, PESCO, defence union, military structures, defence budget, civil protection force, taxation, EMF and Euro (especially what Marcon said), banking union. So much for no EU Army!

I see they are concerned about youth, universities and ERASMUS etc..............but not a word about solving the 30-40% youth unemployment in southern Europe. They are a bunch of total winkers!

EU Parliament Vision.pdf 6.58 MB · 0 downloads

…. but not a word about solving the 30-40% youth unemployment in southern Europe.

It is like always only half the truth.

While the youth unemployment rate fell from a peak of 24 percent in 2013 to 15.1 percent in May 2018, and 15- to 24-year-olds who are not working or in education dropped from 13.2 percent in 2012 10.9 percent in 2017, it is still higher than in the general population.
The EU has launched a number of initiatives to reduce youth unemployment, and the European Parliament is pushing for more funding in the EU budget in 2019 for programs such as Erasmus + and the Youth Employment Initiative.

The Youth Employment Initiative is the EU's main instrument to provide financial support for Member States' actions and programs to implement the Youth Guarantee. Specifically, these are training and support measures to help young people get started in the workplace, and incentives for companies to train and hire young people. The employment initiative targets exclusively regions with youth unemployment of more than 25% (more than 120 regions in 20 EU Member States are eligible).

The Youth Guarantee and Employment Initiative focus on young people who are neither in education nor in employment (NEETs) (including long-term unemployed and non-jobseekers).According to the European Commission, more than five million young people have participated in Youth Guarantee programs since 2014 each year, while the Employment Initiative directly supported more than 1.7 million young people.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Perhaps you'd rather I simply used short monosyllabic sentences as per the Sun, Star or Sport to make it easier for them?

With a picture of a woman with her tits out to grab their attention?

Not going to; and your comment shows how little respect you have for the comprehension abilities of your fellow Brexiteers here!

You naughty boy 49; Pretending not to have registered the true meaning of constructive criticism that was offered in (fairly) good faith under a white flag ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

To be fair, I enjoyed the Status Quo performance I attended ????.  The odd, stupid, nationalist - not so much.

12 bar blues is entirely appropriate but I can find a Quo number sufficiently mournful. Leonard Cohen didn't do 12 bar blues.

So, to mark Bercow's position, I present, In My Chair!

Turn it up!

21 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Viva La France...?

Do you mean vive la France (as in hurray for France) ? Viva is a Latin expression for a discussion about a degree or a Spanish word for long life? Or what? I'm not the spelling Gestapo, I just want understand your point.

Edited by Grouse

21 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Viva La France...?

Do you mean vive la France? Viva is a Latin expression for a discussion about a degree or a Spanish word for long life? Or what? I'm not the spelling Gestapo, I just want understand your point.

35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do you mean vive la France (as in hurray for France) ? Viva is a Latin expression for a discussion about a degree or a Spanish word for long life? Or what? I'm not the spelling Gestapo, I just want understand your point.

Yes, Typo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

In which case, revoke A50 and then actually agree the way forward BEFORE applying again. At least we would retain a seat at the top table while discussions take place. Better than May's plan

Good to see Google getting massive fine from EU

Revoke A50? The only way I would go with that would be a revocation followed by an immediate retriggering. Otherwise forget it.

• Like 1