Polishing Compound

p1p

No, he is looking for stick rouge to be used with high speed buffing wheels. I have a distributor in Thailand somewhere, PM me next week and I will dig out their card. They are located in BKK but I think they have a place in Chiang Mai. They have the full range, from high wax chinese junk to the really sweet German made black rouge.

Hah! Brasso! Great stuff, but I think p1p is eluding to "buff sticks" which come in different colours and grades, for ferrous and non-ferrous metal polishing.

North side of the klong on the outside, there is a great machine tool suppliers that has them. In fact he stocks some great quality tools as well, for general machining.

Now as for location....Hummmm...I'll have to do a "Ta22" here. Near Chang Puak Gate on the left had side as you look at one of the small sois. I'll leave out the bit of..."if you want details..PM me" :o as it won't help.

If I drive by tomorrow, I'll post a slightly more precise location :D

Depending on the grade you need .

let me know and i see if i have some to sell you from my workshop .

i deal with silver and other jewellery ,

anyway you can also get it from some of the hardware store . - but you got to ask around .

oh . there is one selling jewellery supply at warrorot ( kinda expensive ) the greyish blue one is for rough polish and the chocolate one is for fine . what you want is two grade of compound and then slowly polish it down ..

there is also one jewellery supply store " her name sound like " ALI " she is along the chang puek . road her store is beside HAPPY GEMS > - along those second hand store and DHL ( 200 meter down the road )

if you can't find Let me know and i see if i can draw you a map

Oh almost forget " PM ME IF YOU WANT DETAIL " whahahah just for meajo man whhaha

if you doing small item polish .. here a trick for everyone ..

Item you need .

PAPER ( new paper will be great Especiall those printed with lot of Words in black . prefer non color one )

Pencil .

ok .. now what you do is rub the pencil on top of the paper . to create a dark patch .. then use it to polish .

should work well with silver . and smaller item :o good luck

Edited by Ta22

if you doing small item polish .. here a trick for everyone ..

Item you need .

PAPER ( new paper will be great Especiall those printed with lot of Words in black . prefer non color one )

Pencil .

ok .. now what you do is rub the pencil on top of the paper . to create a dark patch .. then use it to polish .

should work well with silver . and smaller item :o good luck

Erasers work fine without the ink too....also...did you know that rice hulls are used as an abrasive too..but it is a rather coarse one from what I understand.

Also, tooth paste is a polish/abrasive and different brands have different degrees of fineness and abrasive content.

Edited by chownah

whahhah let see.. tooth paste is good .

Problem

can't stick to buffer machine ..

Solution

Add super gule to your tooth paste

whahahahahhahahahahhahaha i am sure it will stick VERY well :o

whahahahahahhahahahahhaha

seriously the soft grey like compund act like a luby agent for the buffer and cos is fine it can polish the suface .

the trick is work from rough grade compound and slowly move to extra fine one ..

to get a good polish usually it take at least 3 compound of different grading .

:D