Can it get any lower? UK to bok £205 1 way

Rc2702

13 minutes ago, steve187 said:

we are talking one way here

Yes, I understand, I often have to use one ways as my business route requires this sometimes, all I was suggesting is that these prices are just advertisements and in general you can never get this flight! But like I said good luck trying!

A number of airlines have somewhat grasped the heavier discount model and the cheapest price is one where the seat is not allocated until check-in and any seat reservation ahead of that is cost extra. So now we have variable economy class tickets. The cheapest may mean sitting in that middle seat. So when someone calls out the cheapness of a particular offer, the question is what you are not getting at that price.

8 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

I fly 4-6 times a year UK - Asia and I can tell you, you will never get this price, its just an advertising ploy!!   Sometimes you can get lucky I agree, and I have booked for £420 return, but never ever this time of the year.

Davies that price is decent on return but I have beat it a few times although this time of year can be tricky but it depends on how fast you can decide to go. I book  to the minute. It takes a bit of patience but deals can be had at any time. That 205 rate is not there now but I will have eyes on the market from Monday night and we shall see.

I've averaged 3 to and backs a year for nearly 4 years. Hopefully I can limit that to once every 18 months or longer.

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

That was what I thought too but it was extra on BA with the ticket I bought in the UK two months ago, I was very surprised.

Also, BA was £1,400 one way, £700 return...go figure!

Sorry, but you have that wrong.

First of all, BA don't have weight limit on hand luggage. 23+kg is fine with them, You can also carry a laptop or small bag in addition to this.

But you can buy a hand luggage only fare. In that case you would just have the 23kg+ hand luggage allowance and a small bag..

It you book with luggage, you get 23kgs of hold luggage, in addition.

So if just 8kgs, you weren't booked on BA.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:23 PM, AhFarangJa said:

I know another member has already asked, but I too am very interested in the lie flat seat. Looking for next April for Son and myself. Always flown business from middle east for 22 years, but company was paying then !!! That was Gulf Air, which has gone down the pan lately....

I just went to the UK for 2 wèeks. 56k baht return on Oman Air, J Class. The seat was very comfortable, plane newish, service acceptable and lounge in Muscat good. Heathrow lounge was unexciting to say the least.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:25 PM, simoh1490 said:

25/26K for BKK/LHR/BKK (or MAN) during May 2019 is a good deal with a major carrier, I'm looking to buy the same routing in the same months.

I have a return ticket, BKK/LHR with BA in early May that I bought in the UK in September, I may just discard that ticket and re-buy online from Thailand because the prices seem so much cheaper....remember if buying in the UK, baggage over 8kg is extra, both ways.

Maybe consider looking at Momondo.com which I find to be the best of the bunch.

I have a ticket with BA for May 9th from BKK to MAN, returning in June, that was 56K baht for the 2 of us.

I was puzzled by your comment on the baggage as I have used BA before. I have just done an enquiry on LHR to BKK, out May and back Sept, they offered Economy Basic @ £331 and Economy Standard @ £351. Economy Basic shows as Hand Baggage Only.

Booking from Thailand I had never seen Economy Basic being offered before.

It is something that people need to watch out for. A friend of mine had been here for a month and when he went to go back last week, on check in they tried to charge about 5000 baht because his luggage was 23kg. Didn't pay it just threw some stuff away.

He was with Emirates and turned out that he was on an Economy Special at 20kg rather than the Economy Standard at 35kg that he had used in the past. This ticket he had booked through an agent. Emirates charge 40USD/kilo if overweight.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have a ticket with BA for May 9th from BKK to MAN, returning in June, that was 56K baht for the 2 of us.

I was puzzled by your comment on the baggage as I have used BA before. I have just done an enquiry on LHR to BKK, out May and back Sept, they offered Economy Basic @ £331 and Economy Standard @ £351. Economy Basic shows as Hand Baggage Only.

Booking from Thailand I had never seen Economy Basic being offered before.

It is something that people need to watch out for. A friend of mine had been here for a month and when he went to go back last week, on check in they tried to charge about 5000 baht because his luggage was 23kg. Didn't pay it just threw some stuff away.

He was with Emirates and turned out that he was on an Economy Special at 20kg rather than the Economy Standard at 35kg that he had used in the past. This ticket he had booked through an agent. Emirates charge 40USD/kilo if overweight.

....and not just seat reservation. Major airlines are fighting back at the discounters by offering the lowest prices with stripped down everything including luggage. For years economy passengers have turned up at check-in with slightly or not so slightly over weight baggages and trusted luck to be waived through. But not now with those cheapest seats increasingly specifying luggage restrictions. Booking a ticket on a consolidation website (eg ebookers) might not easily pick up on the restrictions? so problem at the airport. As for throwing stuff away at the airport, easier said than done.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, Foexie said:

Sure it can be even cheaper. Depends on what you wanna safe.

Last year my friends cousin and friend did wanna go to Thailand the cheapest way. I remember they came back with Ukranian ( think go with Southern China) but instead the 11h my friend Always flew think they "flew" 19h.

And to give you an example what i just found. UK-BKK-UK for just 307.67£. Up to you if you want to take this.

ps if an admin can change this .doc into the printscreen directly would be nice :-). Have no idea how to do it myself.

g2g.doc

In that example the outbound journey time is over 30 hours. That is not acceptable to many of us.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:33 AM, Rc2702 said:

Davies that price is decent on return but I have beat it a few times although this time of year can be tricky but it depends on how fast you can decide to go. I book  to the minute. It takes a bit of patience but deals can be had at any time. That 205 rate is not there now but I will have eyes on the market from Monday night and we shall see.

I've averaged 3 to and backs a year for nearly 4 years. Hopefully I can limit that to once every 18 months or longer.

Do eurowings fly direct?

38 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Do eurowings fly direct?

Not to the UK.

Change plane at Duesseldorf.

Two different flight numbers.

And not daily, alternating flight times depending on day of week.

One flight is an inconvenient (early) daytime flight (depart 7:55 AM).

The other one is "quite OK" (depart 22:50, arrive 11:35 (AM) LHR, 5 hour wait at Duesseldorf).

Archived