Can it get any lower? UK to bok £205 1 way

Rc2702

op if its that cheap go for it, but normally if it seems too good to be true then it more than likely is, eurowings charge for food luggage and seat booking on top, the cheapest i can see for next week is mid £300's

some bkk/lhr flights from £300

16 hours ago, Henryford said:

Problem is unless you are staying the BKK to UK price will be double that.

I got a return flight to UK on 21/1 but after this flight into bkk I don't expect to fly back until 2020 or maybe ever I hope. Way things have panned out are allowing me to get out of UK next week but I thought I'd be back in Jan but it looks very unlikely and that's fine by me.

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

op if its that cheap go for it, but normally if it seems too good to be true then it more than likely is, eurowings charge for food luggage and seat booking on top, the cheapest i can see for next week is mid £300's

some bkk/lhr flights from £300

I'm seeing a lot at 240 but eurowings is cheapest so far. Bhx is the airport I'm basing this on. 

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm seeing a lot at 240 but eurowings is cheapest so far. Bhx is the airport I'm basing this on. 

where you looking

im looking at skyscanner for next week and they are showing the cheapest at £284 and eurowings at £310 and matrix.itasoftware is showing the cheapest at £291 on the 10th from Man, if the £205 is still available then i would book it, it aint gonna get cheaper, cheapest euro is showing on their site is - 

• Hand luggage (8 kg)
  • Booking changes: For a surcharge
  • Cancellation: Not available
  • Refundable: taxes and fees

ONLY 2 SEATS LEFT **Seat availability refers solely to the price indicated above.Auswählen£309.99

If you are coming to Thailand to live then I would be worried that you are buying the cheapest ticket. It costs to live here and if you dont want to live like a Thai, it costs a lot more than in the Uk with the exception of rental costs and a massage. Get yourself a good standard return ticket and go in style, not like a pauper. If you dont have that money then definately dont come here.

What's wrong with the guy wanting to find a cheap flight? Less spent on flights means more spending money or in your pocket. Back to the initial question though, it all depends on what will happen to the pound. If it shoots up again due to a Brexit deal then it may get even cheaper.

1 hour ago, Caine said:

What a load of cheap Charlie’s, scratting around to safe a few quid on flights, obviously can afford to be here. And you wonder why they don’t want you here.

I always fly business class because I can afford it. But do I just buy any ticket, regardless of cost? Certainly not: I look for the best price I can find for my lie-flat seat, and by doing so I have saved as much as £2500 on just one return flight (normal price £4000 - I paid £1500).

Only an idiot would not check for the best price before buying.

23 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I always fly business class because I can afford it. But do I just buy any ticket, regardless of cost? Certainly not: I look for the best price I can find for my lie-flat seat, and by doing so I have saved as much as £2500 on just one return flight (normal price £4000 - I paid £1500).

who in your opinion offers that lie- flat at the best price

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

If you come to Thailand with a on arrival Visa or Tourist Visa, you need a return Ticket to anywhere anyway.

not needed on a tourist visa, a visa on arrival gives 14 days and not for a UK national, a visa exempt entry may require a ticket out within 30 days of arrival

4 hours ago, Muzarella said:

One way to Thailand? On a tourist visa you will need a way out tickect anyway

not needed on a tourist visa,

1 hour ago, Caine said:

What a load of cheap Charlie’s, scratting around to safe a few quid on flights, obviously can afford to be here. And you wonder why they don’t want you here.

Only the best wanted here... Let me guess - not an English teacher?

43 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I know another member has already asked, but I too am very interested in the lie flat seat. Looking for next April for Son and myself. Always flown business from middle east for 22 years, but company was paying then !!! That was Gulf Air, which has gone down the pan lately....

2 hours ago, ujayujay said:

If you come to Thailand with a on arrival Visa or Tourist Visa, you need a return Ticket to anywhere anyway.

As Steve187 already wrote, a return ticket is not required when you fly and already have a Tourist Visa.  When you fly in without a visa, you will get a Visa Exempt on arrival and then you need a return ticket.  Actually it need not be a 'return' ticket, you can also book the cheapest one-way flight to a near-by country and not make use of it (a so-called 'burner' ticket).

3 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

If you are coming to Thailand to live then I would be worried that you are buying the cheapest ticket. It costs to live here and if you dont want to live like a Thai, it costs a lot more than in the Uk with the exception of rental costs and a massage. Get yourself a good standard return ticket and go in style, not like a pauper. If you dont have that money then definately dont come here.

and what about if you don't drink, smoke, and buy a house for the Thai wife and yourself, buy all the furniture etc, car and motorbike, and don't frequent the bars, and are therefore always going to be debt free?

Should anyone in that position not come and live here? Get a grip.

Sure it can be even cheaper. Depends on what you wanna safe.

Last year my friends cousin and friend did wanna go to Thailand the cheapest way. I remember they came back with Ukranian ( think go with Southern China) but instead the 11h my friend Always flew think they "flew" 19h.

And to give you an example what i just found. UK-BKK-UK for just 307.67£. Up to you if you want to take this.

ps if an admin can change this .doc into the printscreen directly would be nice :-). Have no idea how to do it myself.

g2g.doc

Of course the 14:xx hours will not be a nonstop flight but likely change plane in Duesseldorf or Cologne.

As other wrote: be aware that these basic Eurowings prices include barely nothing but an assigned seat. No checked baggage, no food, no seat reservation.

Water and toilet use hopefully included :biggrin:

On 11/29/2018 at 9:01 AM, Henryford said:

Problem is unless you are staying the BKK to UK price will be double that.

As far as I remember Eurowings and Norwegian (two super LCC) do not have this assymetric prices. That was also true for AirBerlin (gone bankrupt).

On full service airlines you would also not get such a cheap oneway on either direction.

Oneways are usually much overpriced.

End of season example, 26 March 2019, BKK to LHR oneway.

13099 Baht, about 315 Pound.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

who in your opinion offers that lie- flat at the best price

There is no single answer to that.

The "standard" fare for business class LHR tickets originating in Bangkok is currently from around £1900. In the other direction (ie originating in the UK) the standard fare is from around £1500.

But airline special offers can bring this down to £1000 from the UK and £1300 from Thailand. For example, next year I will be flying with Oman for which I paid 52,000B.
Most airlines have some sort of sale from time to time, and some have more than others. You just have to keep looking.

As for which airline is the best, you would need to consider the age of the fleet and whether the airline refits its old planes with new seats. You would also need to consider whether airlines that fly two sectors to the UK will put you in a smaller/older plane for the short sector. European airlines have a tendency to do that, as do most of the airlines in SEAsia. But Middle Eastern airlines tend to use bigger newer planes for both sectors as they are both fairly long.

For me the safest option to get a good modern seat and good service/food for a reasonable price would usually be one of the Middle Eastern airlines like Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, Oman .......

1 hour ago, Black arab said:

Well im going back uk on April 1st for my mothers 80th birthday and also to see the uk implode after whatever brexit im going with oman air £ 480 return and i have been looking for months on skyscanner.

i have been looking for bkk/lon or bhx or man/bkk out april/may return oct, cheapest i have found is around 25/26,000baht business is coming in around 60/70,000baht

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

where you looking

im looking at skyscanner for next week and they are showing the cheapest at £284 and eurowings at £310 and matrix.itasoftware is showing the cheapest at £291 on the 10th from Man, if the £205 is still available then i would book it, it aint gonna get cheaper, cheapest euro is showing on their site is - 

• Hand luggage (8 kg)
  • Booking changes: For a surcharge
  • Cancellation: Not available
  • Refundable: taxes and fees

ONLY 2 SEATS LEFT **Seat availability refers solely to the price indicated above.Auswählen£309.99

I fly 4-6 times a year UK - Asia and I can tell you, you will never get this price, its just an advertising ploy!!   Sometimes you can get lucky I agree, and I have booked for £420 return, but never ever this time of the year.

44 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i have been looking for bkk/lon or bhx or man/bkk out april/may return oct, cheapest i have found is around 25/26,000baht business is coming in around 60/70,000baht

25/26K for BKK/LHR/BKK (or MAN) during May 2019 is a good deal with a major carrier, I'm looking to buy the same routing in the same months.

I have a return ticket, BKK/LHR with BA in early May that I bought in the UK in September, I may just discard that ticket and re-buy online from Thailand because the prices seem so much cheaper....remember if buying in the UK, baggage over 8kg is extra, both ways.

Maybe consider looking at Momondo.com which I find to be the best of the bunch.

4 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

I fly 4-6 times a year UK - Asia and I can tell you, you will never get this price, its just an advertising ploy!!   Sometimes you can get lucky I agree, and I have booked for £420 return, but never ever this time of the year.

we are talking one way here

Archived