Ever wondered why your Thai mail doesn't arrive? This might explain it

webfact

Thailand has the most difficult address system in the world not even a TomTom GPS and Google Maps can work it the system out.

what ever happend to a good old style of address  122 George street for example.

How many couriers have to call you on the phone to find out where you live or Located??

Maybe the Postie is Pissed off and the street system is even to hard for them.

• Like 1

when my visa card replacement never showed up twice I went to the local post office, they told me that quite often postal workers will actually steal the cards to re sell and they cant do anything about it, told me to use registered mail and make sure its a plain envelope. A mate up north had several packages go missing so got the next one registered, it to went missing too but it was the postie that had signed for it, he had stolen all the packages and re sold the contents, he was not sacked and never had to reimburse for what he had stolen, this is Thailand, get used to it, face is more important

Edited by seajae

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please give me the name of a country where this never happen...

58 years in Australia and rarely had mail go missing. Had a lot go missing here in Thailand and as recent as this month.

Sent to calendars from Australia to a friend in Canada one year. Some postal worker obviously liked one and took it but did send the other on. Both were in same package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Thailand has the most difficult address system in the world not even a TomTom GPS and Google Maps can work it the system out.

what ever happend to a good old style of address  122 George street for example.

How many couriers have to call you on the phone to find out where you live or Located??

Maybe the Postie is Pissed off and the street system is even to hard for them.

in Canada if you search on Google my postal code, it shows a shape that shows exactly where the only two places it can be is (only one side of the road)

regarding Thailand, it's not better in the Philippines, when i went there the first time I asked the guy what the address of the place i was renting was and he gave me the street name and said "in front of Queensland"
when i pushed for an address he kept saying "just tell them that"

he was, directly in front of Queensland but I learned by walking around that none of the houses had numbers on them.. maybe 5-10% of them did.

even if they went with numbers, even on one side, uneven on the other side at a minimum then it might be quite easy to find

but some of the sois don't even have a name at all..

a few years back, I used to order a bunch of small items from Aliexpress. (bunch of cute socks for gf, random cheap things like that)

Aliexpress has some pretty good refund system, if it doesn't show up before X amount of days you can get refunded

sometimes the sellers tell you they will "resend" another product but since it usually takes 4-8 weeks to get those cheap items from China they are usually doing it to make you go out of the refund time. (it works for them, trust me.)

anyways, within months I must have ordered 100 little items and got practically all of them up until one day

one day the packages stop coming.. about 10-15 of them never made it.

about 2 of them had tracking numbers showing they made it to the closest city but the tracking stopped there

I never received a single package after that.  I went to the main post office with the 2 tracking numbers, they looked it up, shrugged and asked me to "wait more"

even if it was like a week or two back those trackings were close

they didn't care, didn't do anything to help.. I did get refunded tho

8 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

58 years in Australia and rarely had mail go missing. //

First example from a Google search:

Australia Post mailman Mark Baguio 'too lazy' to deliver almost 10,000 items

"Australia Post was advised that a yellow mail delivery bag containing 755 unaddressed articles had been dumped in a rubbish bin in a West Sunshine street outside Baguio's flat. [] and a search by investigators found a much larger amount of mail in his bedroom and on the floor of his flat."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

"cute socks" you can buy in most local markets, no need to order overseas, unless you mean 'cute' stockings for the gf. :whistling:

if you like the limited selection at local markets, more power to you

she didn't

I guess I'm lucky. I ordered tons of stuff from Lazada and Thai post and (sometimes Kerry) always delivered. 100%.

I even get mail that is completely wrongly addressed from Sweden. Somehow they figure out it's for me despite half the address being wrong. 555

• Like 1

I have a Tops advertising catalogue delivered seperately by the local postman fortnightly in Bang Yai, but he always delivers 2 to everyone, so I suppose 50% of his run always misses out.. And he would be able to finish work earlier too.. 

There was a postman in the U.K. who filled his garage over a two year period he got caught because someone spotted him dumping mail in the River Mersey one morning , his explanation was that his garage was so full he couldn’t get any more mail in it . He was sent to prison for 2 years it could of been longer but all the Mail was unopened .

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

First example from a Google search:

Australia Post mailman Mark Baguio 'too lazy' to deliver almost 10,000 items

"Australia Post was advised that a yellow mail delivery bag containing 755 unaddressed articles had been dumped in a rubbish bin in a West Sunshine street outside Baguio's flat. [] and a search by investigators found a much larger amount of mail in his bedroom and on the floor of his flat."

Didn't say it didnt happen, just gave my experience.

20 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Simple...just don't buy online due to the Thai Post thieves...get it delivered by a private courrier if it's bulky and the service is available...or just bring it back from abroad.

Lazada the biggest online operation in Thailand does not give you a choice.  Most who live in Thailand would know this.

7 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please give me the name of a country where this never happen...

I never had any mail go missing in the UK! Possibly because the "posties" are on a decent wage, and they are accountable for their mail?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Must be dead easy to figure out who wasn't doing his job and replace them with someone who does, though that's probably another thread....

if you  were postmaster and didn't know within a couple of minutes of looking at addresses on letters etc the postmaster should be looking for another job

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The point was that this happens the world over and it doesnt just happen in Thailand

????

31 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Luxemburg, Andorra, San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein… do you want me to go on?

I said "country", not "city"  :wink::cool:

Those countries are too small to find a place to throw the mail away :tongue:

Edited by Pattaya46