Motorbike insurance

canerandagio

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The CTPL is the cheapest your get. 

Thanks, I should not have said 'cheap' then ???? Am actually for a proper insurance which pays the entire amount if I cause some serious damage to third parties people or things (I think the CPTL only covers a very small amount.)

9 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

Thanks, I should not have said 'cheap' then ???? Am actually for a proper insurance which pays the entire amount if I cause some serious damage to third parties people or things (I think the CPTL only covers a very small amount.)

Honda do insurance or just google ins m/c Thai there's loads out there. 

I have a 2000 bht ins which is Ok for me so you need to get quotes. 

Someone will post soon ins companies. 

• Like 1

I don't know what it is to be honest. It may be what i am looking for indeed

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sounds like you are looking for 2nd class insurance which covers an amount for 3rd party damage, for my Click it was around 3300 baht, where as 1st class was 4000 baht which covers your bike as well. Most people just get the mandatory (around 300 baht for the Click) or 1st Class. AA Broker in Pattaya can arrange the insurance

Sounds like you are looking for 2nd class insurance which covers an amount for 3rd party damage, for my Click it was around 3300 baht, where as 1st class was 4000 baht which covers your bike as well. Most people just get the mandatory (around 300 baht for the Click) or 1st Class. AA Broker in Pattaya can arrange the insurance
Tx

First Class - includes Bail Bond if you get arrested. Covers your bike, your injuries, others injuries, other property damage. Fone the agent, say nothing, they will arrive on the scene and take care of everything.

Hit the wrong person - in a Benz for instance, your second class will not cover you near enough.

Only option to my mind.

God forbid you hit and kill someone - you will have much time to contemplate your lack of due diligence awaiting trial.

First Class - includes Bail Bond if you get arrested. Covers your bike, your injuries, others injuries, other property damage. Fone the agent, say nothing, they will arrive on the scene and take care of everything.
Hit the wrong person - in a Benz for instance, your second class will not cover you near enough.
Only option to my mind.
God forbid you hit and kill someone - you will have much time to contemplate your lack of due diligence awaiting trial.
You sold it to me. Thanks!
I am in Bangkok.
Is the model the same as Europe?
A broker sells the policy underwritten by an insurance company.
If yes and anyone has some direct recommendation (first class) I would be grateful.
Last question:
Is the insurance linked to the bike or to the rider usually?
And if I have no plate yet...will they insure me anyway?
Sorry, I realise that I should do my own research, and I surely will. Just doing some fact finding first.
Thanks!

I have used Tokio Marine for years now. Never had a claim, but people I talked with - who had - were satisfied.

They will want to see a copy of the green book - same as if bike is on finance - if you do not have it in your name.

Thai DL also.

Insurance goes with the vehicle - you may save a little bit if you list yourself as the only driver. I never have as the wife drives our cars and bikes too.

No plate - bring in the bill of sale from the dealer. Something to show you are the owner.

Edited by canthai55

I have used Tokio Marine for years now. Never had a claim, but people I talked with - who had - were satisfied.
They will want to see a copy of the green book - same as if bike is on finance - if you do not have it in your name.
Thai DL also.
Insurance goes with the vehicle - you may save a little bit if you list yourself as the only driver. I never have as the wife drives our cars and bikes too.
No plate - bring in the bill of sale from the dealer. Something to show you are the owner.
Thanks. I will follow up with them.
Don't have green book as yet but will see what they say.
I am sole owner and driver. Fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot.