Mass Exodus

llso

"Viva la Thailand"? They just beheaded a few poor souls in the French Revolution what are they likely to do in Thailand?

i am very sorry momo,

but because of my religious conviction i cannot condone beheading as its a barbaric act that can only lead us into oblivian.

there is only one reason one could possibly be convicted for a beheading ?

that being, for the slander of a wonderful country called thailand. :o

thank you very much once again mr momo. :D

terence.

and i must stay on topic , so in conclusion, thailand is truly a wonderful country :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has terry 57 been "born again?" :D

Always seems especially cruel to one's Mother, I do feel........ :bah:

mr kmart,

thank you very much for noticing how i have advanced myself in the last few days and its a very enlightening and positive advancement.

my lovely mother would be very proud of her only son but unfortunatly she is deceased, :D but when i return to thailand i shall contact a medium for a face to face chat with her so she can rejoice with me.

thank you once again mr kmart for your loving thoughts. :o

terence.

and just to keep on topic, viva la thailand :D

Terence, I think its tremendously uplifting that you have found recent spiritual enlightenment. My condolenses regarding your late Mum, my comment was only meant as a general, jocular, jape-type joke. :D I hope you find a happy medium (please avoid striking one, though) in Thailand, to contact your Mother. Please pass on my best regards. :bah:

May your path to Nirvana not be strewn with too much debris / temptation.

You'll have to pardon me now, as I have similar spiritual matters to attend to; my flute tutor has just arrived, and I have one hand clapping tutorial to make also. Peace, brother.

Now, now Ms Gorgon,keep your hair under your hat. Flamethrowing is not a registered Olympic sport anymore and went out centuries ago .Poor Terry is jesting, I'm sure.Strange how patriotic one becomes under the influence of LOS.Keep an impartial view at all times.Thailand still has much to learn.Oh and China is being advised by the Sydney Olympic Commitee.

Sorry Terence.

Ya, Vancouver is hosting the winter olympics soon. Real nice the Canadians are: they are kicking the homeless out of the downtown core, raising prices and taxes; but what a nice lovely multi-cultural compassionate eco-friendly glob of geeks they are on the world map. Just doing as Olympic cities do.

I love Mother Earth's payback: blowing the roof off the city's stadium where the opening/closing ceremonies are slated. 5555

Has terry 57 been "born again?"

Always seems especially cruel to one's Mother, I do feel........

mr kmart,

thank you very much for noticing how i have advanced myself in the last few days and its a very enlightening and positive advancement.

my lovely mother would be very proud of her only son but unfortunatly she is deceased, but when i return to thailand i shall contact a medium for a face to face chat with her so she can rejoice with me.

thank you once again mr kmart for your loving thoughts. :D

terence.

and just to keep on topic, viva la thailand :bah:

Terence, I think its tremendously uplifting that you have found recent spiritual enlightenment. My condolenses regarding your late Mum, my comment was only meant as a general, jocular, jape-type joke. :bah: I hope you find a happy medium (please avoid striking one, though) in Thailand, to contact your Mother. Please pass on my best regards. :o

May your path to Nirvana not be strewn with too much debris / temptation.

You'll have to pardon me now, as I have similar spiritual matters to attend to; my flute tutor has just arrived, and I have one hand clapping tutorial to make also. Peace, brother.

:D :D :o:D

excuse me my good fellow,

could i please ask you a question as your post has me troubled.

if you consider this land is full of idiots :D ( as you so eloquently put it ) why do you not leave this troubled land like your learned friends have decided to do. ?

maybe you could gain a discount by travelling as a treo. ?

they are obviously in possession of inside information that myself and my dear friend bendix are not privy too.

thank you very much my dear man. :o

terence.

god is the only way out. :D

Precisely terry57. Why would anyone want to stay in a country they don't like, run and populated by people they dismiss as idiots, especially when they have a choice?

I just don't get it.

This is not paradise. Far from it. But it's a ###### sight better than anywhere else I've ever lived, and many many times better than the much-vaunted Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines that seem to be the popular choices for others.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - some people are born complainers and will never find happiness, wherever they are. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's just the way it is.

Me? Well I prefer to look at my life here and the life of my peers in the my homeland, compare the two and thank my lucky stars that I'm here and not there.

If that's complacent, then I bask in that complacency.

It might get worse - of course it might. It might stay the same. It might get better.

But (and here's a popular bendix refrain) as a rational adult capable of assessing the situation, weighing up the pros and cons, and coming to a decision, I decide to stay.

Never EVER EVER been happier, anywhere else in my life.

Edited by bendix

Now, now Ms Gorgon,keep your hair under your hat. Flamethrowing is not a registered Olympic sport anymore and went out centuries ago .Poor Terry is jesting, I'm sure.Strange how patriotic one becomes under the influence of LOS.Keep an impartial view at all times.Thailand still has much to learn.Oh and China is being advised by the Sydney Olympic Commitee.

Sorry Terence.

OLYMPICS?????

I like Thailand no doubt. But the Olympic committee may be reticent to consider a bid from them if they made one. I mean if it takes 40 years to build an airport that falls apart in the first 6 months, what luck would be expected building an Olympic complex on time. Who would want to sit in the stands?

I wonder, what with Terry's famed enthusiasm for Thailand, if he'd like to contribute to my thread When are you planning to move to Thailand. It would be interesting to hear if there is ever going to be action to back up the fine words.

Great post by the way Casanundra.

Edited by GuestHouse

I wonder, what with Terry's famed enthusiasm for Thailand, if he'd like to contribute to my thread When are you planning to move to Thailand. It would be interesting to hear if there is ever going to be action to back up the fine words.

Seriously Guesthouse.... What is your obsession with Terry?

The questions from Guesthouse sounded fair to me...

i am very sorry my great friend MR GUESTHOUSE, but i been have gagged me from communicating with you, so this will have to be my last post to you.

im distressed that our years of fun posting and entertainment have sadly come to an end and its a travesty in my opinion.

it seems to be OK for you to continue talking about myself so carry on guesthouse, but i cant read them as i have you on my ignore list. :D

thank you guesthouse my old chestnut and maybe we will meet in church one day.

i bid you a fine farewell. :o

terence

Precisely terry57. Why would anyone want to stay in a country they don't like, run and populated by people they dismiss as idiots, especially when they have a choice?

I just don't get it.

This is not paradise. Far from it. But it's a ###### sight better than anywhere else I've ever lived, and many many times better than the much-vaunted Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines that seem to be the popular choices for others.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - some people are born complainers and will never find happiness, wherever they are. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's just the way it is.

Me? Well I prefer to look at my life here and the life of my peers in the my homeland, compare the two and thank my lucky stars that I'm here and not there.

If that's complacent, then I bask in that complacency.

It might get worse - of course it might. It might stay the same. It might get better.

But (and here's a popular bendix refrain) as a rational adult capable of assessing the situation, weighing up the pros and cons, and coming to a decision, I decide to stay.

Never EVER EVER been happier, anywhere else in my life.

You must be here for the birds then.(not that i'm one for mass generalisations at all.. :o )

oh mr vic my dear friend,

i have the answer, but my lips have been sown shut by certain people. :D

you are a very intelligent person and surely know the answer to your that very valid question.

with respect, :o

terence

You must be here for the birds then.(not that i'm one for mass generalisations at all.. :o )

Far from it, chuchok.

Getting married in 11 days, so those days - never particularly interesting - are dim and distant memories.

Congrats, and good luck :D

Far from it, chuchok.

Getting married in 11 days, so those days - never particularly interesting - are dim and distant memories.

Congrats, and good luck :D

Seconded. May your marriage be filled with never ending happiness. :D

Far from it, chuchok.

I was just extracting the urine a little bit,a bit like you do in many of your posts.

never the less,I hope it all goes well for you.

Obsession, not at all.

I was just being friendly. After all, with Terry's constant praising of Thailand, (and in that he is right in many respects) and his constant berating of anyone who is in anyway critical of Thailand (and in that he is wrong in many respects) I just thought it is odd that he has not taken the opportunity to tell us when he plans to grace Thailand with is permanent presence.

After all, he tells us he's has spent a 'Considerable Amount of time in Thailand', long enough one would think to have come to a decision as to if and when to move over.

So I invited him over to my very positive post, being a very positive chap I'm only surprised he is so reluctant to tell us when it is he plans to move over to the place he loves so well.

After all, what better endorsement could a man give to Thailand than to put his boots where is posts are?

Obsession, not at all.

I was just being friendly. After all, with Terry's constant praising of Thailand, (and in that he is right in many respects) and his constant berating of anyone who is in anyway critical of Thailand (and in that he is wrong in many respects) I just thought it is odd that he has not taken the opportunity to tell us when he plans to grace Thailand with is permanent presence.

After all, he tells us he's has spent a 'Considerable Amount of time in Thailand', long enough one would think to have come to a decision as to if and when to move over.

So I invited him over to my very positive post, being a very positive chap I'm only surprised he is so reluctant to tell us when it is he plans to move over to the place he loves so well.

After all, what better endorsement could a man give to Thailand than to put his boots where is posts are?

im very sorry MR GUESTHOUSE but you must refer to my post # 101. :o

may god be with you.

terence

Obsession, not at all.

im very sorry MR GUESTHOUSE but you must refer to my post # 101. :o

may god be with you.

terence

get a room .....................

Very much seconded.

I was following this thread and initially was surprised to see so many

other reasons than the visa (or lack of) shakeup did not feature in

many of the reasons for exit.

I stayed two years on Phuket , most of it on monthly visa runs.

And Ranong was busy every time so there were a lot doing it.

Couldn't do that now so a fair number of visa-runners must be

leaving the kingdom because they can't find a viable alternative.

It is a shame that someone who's opinions are obviously far more

important than the topic should have to render the thread unreadable.

I would have accepted posts from the "get legal or fuggoff you

deadbeats" brigade , indeed I would have expected them but this

<deleted> drove me almost to the edge of irritation.

:o

Very much seconded.

And thirded...

And this being an important thread too, for most of us living in LOS. It would have been good to see it as an informal poll of what individual people are doing & thinking. Not so much as a guide for other people but just to see which way the winds are blowing.

Instead in the past 12 hours it has degenerated into a "match of the wits" competition & any new reader will take half an hour to get from front to back while absorbing little actual information. A few digs at others for bad info or whatever are understandable & acceptable. But three pages of it!!!

On the upside. Many people have advertised their "i'm staying" or "i'm leaving" sentiments with some reasons attached. Good stuff. Good reading & food for thought.

Soundman.

Very much seconded.

farangsay and all other readers,

i apologise for responding to guesthouses continual comments aimed at me and will never again respond to him.

please continue with this thread as it is important.

please accept my apologies.

terry.

I am not trying to be a troll, but many of the leuk krueng young people i meet 18-25 years old, who have grown up in thailand all of their lifes have not impressed me very much in terms of personality or intelligence. I would be very weary of raising my child here, and I am forced to believe that many parents remain in thailand for selfish reasons.

I love Thailand, and the main reason for me to leave would be the higher quality of foriegners in places like Sinagpore or Hk.

Edited by SeanBangkok

Very much seconded.

farangsay and all other readers,

i apologise for responding to guesthouses continual comments aimed at me and will never again respond to him.

please continue with this thread as it is important.

please accept my apologies.

terry.

Your apology is accepted , Terence , with the grace it was offered.

May your new God go with you

regards

Bartholomew

Well, lets try to get back on topic now, shall we?

I, for one, am staying. I have been living legally in Thailand since 1992, came in 1988, so the visa regulations don't really bother me. I don't pay much attention to things like coups since that has happened before. Those Bangkok kind of things don't much affect where I live.

I won't be leaving until my husband chooses to go, dies or we divorce. Since he's pretty young and healthy and we've been happily married 17 years, it seems most likely it would depend on him choosing to up stakes, give up his home and family for a move to the US. Don't see it happening any time in the near future :o

I understand those who don't have the commitment to the country choosing to leave and most certainly don't condemn those who do choose to leave. If you are unhappy with the changes then its probably for the best.

Farangsay, you mentioned Ranong. I've been there too.

It seemed like a nice little town, with some nice little businesses set up around the 30 day visa trips (The Kiwi hotel at the bus stop, a couple of small Thai owned hotels in town [one was a couple of young Thais that had opened a little hotel and tredy(ish) bar. An honest venture and I liked to support them with my trade.]) . - I presume that some of these businesses have now failed.

I should imagine that many local people have lost out big time with the new visa regulations. It's a shame to see.

I'm here quite legally until November, but haven't decided what to do after that.

Positives for staying include that I work with some wonderful people, enjoy my work, am financially comfortable, have a great circle of Thai and farang friends, enjoy cruising around the place, find many parts of the culture interesting and have been fortunate not to suffer the worst visa annoyances.

Negatives include the increasing uncertainty under the current government, the slowing economy, the minor annoyances of life, the fact I can't buy real estate here, the feeling I would be stupid to bring more money into this country and the general feeling that there is a rising wave of ignorant anti-foreign paranoia.

Still, at the moment I'm still inclined to stay, but if they don't democratically elect a competent government before year's end, I might reconsider. But I hope not, cause I really like many things about this place and the people especially...