Chicken breeders

Monkeyman68

I am wanting to start a chicken breeding program with a heritage dual purpose breed of chicken.  I have been doing google searches for poultry breeders here in Thailand to no avail.  Do any of you have any contacts for any such breeders?  I live in the Nong Bua Daeng district of Chaiyaphum but distance is of no concern.  I am looking breeders who may have any of the following birds:  Rhode Island Reds (the real ones not crosses), Barred Rocks, White Rocks, New Hampshires, Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, etc.  My goal is to start producing meat and eggs on a local scale at our family farm.  Thank you.

Three possible sources spring to mind. The first is "back yard chickens Thailand" on Facebook. 

Secondly, a TV member by the name of Thomaspaul who posts chickens for sale here from time to time (I don't know the man, never had any dealings with him and don't vouch for him. I'm simply pointing you to a potential source). 

Finally if you ask at your local Department of Livestock and Development, they might/should be able to supply you with chickens or  point you in the right direction. 

Keep us updated please. 

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Three possible sources spring to mind. The first is "back yard chickens Thailand" on Facebook. 

Secondly, a TV member by the name of Thomaspaul who posts chickens for sale here from time to time (I don't know the man, never had any dealings with him and don't vouch for him. I'm simply pointing you to a potential source). 

Finally if you ask at your local Department of Livestock and Development, they might/should be able to supply you with chickens or  point you in the right direction. 

Keep us updated please. 

Thank you for the advice. The Facebook groups look like it will really help.