Termite control for a medium sized house in Bangkok - how much?

WorriedNoodle

Our 7 yo house is 3 bed/3 bath 2 story detached in an L&H estate in Bangkok - about medium size I suppose. Last time we had the pest control in about 4 years ago they charged us about 12,000THB for pumping chemicals thro the pipes built under the house in one visit. That seemed very expensive at the time, we were just being proactive and hadn't even got termites, so never asked them again. Now we some have termites in places, surprising as house mostly prefab concrete design, so looking for a reliable and hopefully cheaper service. Anyone got a figure? I looked at Rentakil site and they don't even have any prices on there homepage for some reason???

I cant speak for Bkk but in the north there are many pest control companies that will carry out their superfluous protection on an annual contract at monthly intervals.

i had them for two years costing me 7k bt a year.

Generally involves a few drilled areas and chemical down the drain outlets and a semi thorough general spray.

The price you paid for your sub floor chemical Spray is 5 times more expensive than it was to install mine!

The cost of an annual top up should be in the region on 1500bt but your house is probably 5 times the size of mine.

Check out my post on the other thread as an insight to what you are up against.

Unless you have a particular concern about places that could be attacked maybe you are over worrying. Often its aswell to have a couple of cans of chaindrite spray always on hand.

Most hardware stores sell professional strength termite control chemicals. The same stuff the experts use. Just look at you tube vids and buy a cheap spray device from lazada to apply it with.

I just used it for a major cockroach out break in a rental condo after the tenants cooked but never cleaned. Killed them all and the 1: 60 mix means it can be used for years. 500 baht per bottle Screenshot_2018-11-21-15-57-16-417_com.google.android.gm.jpeg

7 hours ago, madmen said:

Most hardware stores sell professional strength termite control chemicals. The same stuff the experts use. Just look at you tube vids and buy a cheap spray device from lazada to apply it with.

I just used it for a major cockroach out break in a rental condo after the tenants cooked but never cleaned. Killed them all and the 1: 60 mix means it can be used for years. 500 baht per bottle Screenshot_2018-11-21-15-57-16-417_com.google.android.gm.jpeg

Be extremely careful about how you use that as it is highly toxic, wear complete protection and stay out of any place that it's been used until it has completely dried out.

We've been using Advance Group for 9 years. The yearly fee is 5,350 Baht. On the yearly renewal, they open the holes drilled in the floor, do their injection and close them up. Then they come on a monthly basis and do a spray job around the house. 

Contrary to an above posting which pictures stedfast 30, this is a 30:1 mix ratio. They also do a stedfast 40 but they dont sell 60:1 raTios anywhere and if they did you would probably need licence and permit.

I can vouch for the safety protection. I do this spraying regularly and every time i use nothing.

Despite how careful i try to be with a 2 foot lance at the end of my arm i have often had eye inflammation the next day and overheating and increased heart rate similar to when you are aroind thinners.

I would say mask and goggles as a minimum.

Really wish I would take my own advice sometimes...but we never do!

• Thanks 1

We have a one man (and his wife) band do ours (they used to work for Advance).

IIRC 8k Baht gets us three injection treatments with 2 monthly "spray the stuff aound" jobs in between. We have a reasonably large home and they perimeter treat our 1.5 Rai of land.

Certainly no termites in or near the house although they have on occasion got at my stock of plywood ????

On 12/2/2018 at 7:59 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

Thanks to all for replies, that sounds more reasonable. Will see if someone will come and do it next.

Just topping up the pipes is not enough especially if you already have termites anywhere in the house. If the latter I would get a recommendation for a good local company (maybe from your village juristic?) as they can check for infestation and treat specifically as well.

I would recommend getting someone to spray inside and out (or do it yourself) on a regular basis. I have seen ceilings/flooring ripped out in the village where termites have run rampant. Mine is done monthly with the under house pipes done annually in a house that sounds a similar size house to yours and paying 8k in Pattaya but was quoted 7-15k a couple of years ago from different companies.

@Crossy - your price seems very good value considering the size of your property.

PS - not heard any good recs about RK when this subject has come up in the past and always seemed to be relatively very expensive.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, madmen said:

Is the paraquat for spraying the tenants with?....you need to be called the terminator

Be extremely careful about how you use that as it is highly toxic, wear complete protection and stay out of any place that it's been used until it has completely dried out.

You mean holding a hanky over my nose and mouth wasn't a great idea? I was going to be the correct mask they are not expensive but ran out of time

I will reapply next time with the correct gear

Strange though the container says 30 but the guy at hardware read the label and said 1 part to 60 parts dilution

Here in the outskirts of Bangkok we pay 5,500Baht per year for a house like yours.  They will pump under the house and through holes in your columns once per year and control and spray inside the house 5 times per year for that price.

Contact info: 08 164 13710

Somewhere around 5000 baht sounds correct.  I had termites and lots of cockroaches even after heavy duty cleaning 2 or 3 times. Pest control come in drilled 2 holes in the floor and pumped lots of chemical into holes then filled them and sprayed all the baseboards and drains and comes every month for a year no charge. In 2 months after application I have seen maybe 4 or 5 roaches  

Hi...just looking into this now myself up near Udon ...they recommended this product (although 4 different ones offered) which seems most expensive but was really concerned they were recommending diluting it around 5 times more than when I researched it on google. But googling the manufacturer, they said it only needs doing every 3 years. Anyone used it?

Screenshot_20180911-125843_Epson iPrint.jpg

Screenshot_20180911-125837_Epson iPrint.jpg