Checklist: Application For An One Year Extension Of Stay Based Upon Retirement

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The above post is a good example of being organized and "knowing the ropes. Im not as organized but agree it isn't that difficult. I mix with many colourful blokes esp the older xpats in places like udon etc.

Fact is many have no clue or ability to do their paperwork in order. I say ", get your s### together" seriously it seems too difficult to them. Lot use an agent and I can understand why.

I copied it to a word doc and added some of the additional requirements.....Thanx to the poster, much has been said about this thru the years, and its nice to have it in 'almost' one place.:wai: :wai: :wai: :wai: :wai: 

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Banana7 said:

At Jomtien now, the bank book should have a transaction, withdrawal or deposit, on the same date as the bank letter. That transaction should be done just prior to requesting the letter, so that the letter amount and photo copy of bank book last page transaction balance match.

I have never done that nor had a previous knock-back at Immigration. I have always updated the pass book prior as I asked for the bank letter. Nevertheless, I have inserted 'Go to ATM and get some money' on my usual idiot list! Thx. 

The above post is a good example of being organized and "knowing the ropes. Im not as organized but agree it isn't that difficult. I mix with many colourful blokes esp the older xpats in places like udon etc.

Fact is many have no clue or ability to do their paperwork in order. I say ", get your s### together" seriously it seems too difficult to them. Lot use an agent and I can understand why.

I guess it's for these old guys that Immigration are introducing SMS visa expiry reminders. Good job. When you retire and let your brain start to turn to turtle soup, you need someone to give you the occasional poke with a sharp stick. 

Edited by Speedhump
Speeling
  • Like 1

It appears that the documents required for a visa extension are not set in stone.

The OP should have been prefaced with:

THIS is what I needed at THIS immigration office on THIS day with THIS official who was in THIS mood.*

* subject to change without notice or consideration

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I guess it's for these old guys that Immigration are introducing SMS visa expiry reminders. Good job. When you retire and let your brain start to turn to turtle soup, you need someone to give you the occasional poke with a sharp stick. 

Don't you have a mobile and/or a computer ?

Just put in a reminder for 2 weeks before your 90Days report and Visa extension dates.

Google Agenda can do that easily, and so can tens of other softs/apps.

On 12/2/2018 at 4:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

Did mine at CW few weeks back. In the past several years I had never been asked for map. This time I was and fortunately had a flyer with condo address and map on back. IO officer accepted it no problems. On your list you might add regarding bank book a deposit on day you attend imm

Yes, I have been asked two times now to go back to the bank and get that days stamp for my one-year retirement extension bank letter, by the time I get there and back, another few hours have gone,(two different IO)never had that problem at Jomtien, I have always thought it was up to seven days for the bank letter, I usually did the bank letter the day before, not anymore,I did it on the same day for the last one, and will do the same for the next one coming up, tend to be at the back of the queue though,and,it is stated in the 'small print', each Immigration office, can interpret the rules as they see fit.

At Rayong over the years they've asked for (in addition to most of the above):

• Photocopies Passport pages showing all previous extensions right back to the original non-O visa.  (I copy all non-blank pages just to be safe).
  • If you bank book doesn't show every transaction listed over the past 3 months then you'll need a bank statement detailing these, stamped & signed by the bank (in addition to the letter).
  • Copy of the TM30 receipt as the "proof of residence".
  • Need to sign an "Acknowledgment of Overstay Penalties" - form supplied by I/O.  

I always photo-copy on BOTH sides of the paper to stop them recycling my data for some of their forms, (after I once found a copy of someone's Passport on the reverse side of the "acknowledgment of overstay" form I had to sign.)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Photocopies Passport pages showing all previous extensions right back to the original non-O visa.  (I copy all non-blank pages just to be safe).

But not if the original visa and early extensions are in a passport which has now expired, in my experience.

Need to sign an "Acknowledgment of Overstay Penalties" - form supplied by I/O.  

Plus another form they hand you acknowedging the terms & conditions of your extension.

If you bank book doesn't show every transaction listed over the past 3 months then you'll need a bank statement detailing these, stamped & signed by the bank (in addition to the letter).

How old do they require the bank letter to be (since it looks increasingly like I'll be going down the seasoned bank balance route for my next extension in July/August 2019, thanks to the British Embassy's withdrawal of their income confirmation service)? Also, do they insist on a transaction being recorded in the passbook (plus, if necessary, bank statement) on the date you obtain the bank letter, as Chaengwattana and Jomtien do?

Edited by OJAS

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But not if the original visa and early extensions are in a passport which has now expired, in my experience.

Plus another form they hand you acknowedging the terms & conditions of your extension.

How old do they require the bank letter to be (since it looks increasingly like I'll be going down the seasoned bank balance route for my next extension in July/August 2019, thanks to the British Embassy's withdrawal of their income confirmation service)? Also, do they insist on a transaction being recorded in the passbook (plus, if necessary, bank statement) on the date you obtain the bank letter, as Chaengwattana and Jomtien do?

1.. No idea.. (I lost my PP with my original non-O in, but I've been asked to copy the first page of my replacement PP with the original non-O "transferred" stamp).

2. Don't recall that one.. maybe a new requirement in the last 9 months??

3. I've always done the bank letter on the day I've done my extension.  I make a small cash withdrawal first so the last recorded transaction on the statement is dated the same as the letter.

Edited by steve73
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, steve73 said:

2. Don't recall that one.. maybe a new requirement in the last 9 months??

I've been asked to sign both "overstay penalties" and "terms & conditions" acknowledgement forms as part of my past 3 retirement extension applications. This is what the second form looks like, by the way:-

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Don't you have a mobile and/or a computer ?

Just put in a reminder for 2 weeks before your 90Days report and Visa extension dates.

Google Agenda can do that easily, and so can tens of other softs/apps.

Aaaaand, I didn't say I was talking about myself. ????

The poster made the point that a lot of people (older, brain fried, whatever) don't have the capability to organise their lives well. It's not a new thing, and the development of phone and computer apps isn't going to change the fact that there will always be people like that. Surely you know people that see a PC as a magic box? Google Agenda? Outlook calendar? Don't make me laugh! I think sympathy rather than criticism is the order of the day. So as far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely no downside to Immigration's new scheme. ????

On 12/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, dotpoom said:

Just wondering why for the last TWO  respectively 3 months...

- Signed copy of page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period (last 2 respectively 3 months)

Explanation:

For the first (initial) application one has to proof the last 2 months and for the subsequent (renewal) yearly extensions one has to proof the last 3 months.

Edited by NanYar

14 hours ago, Radar501 said:

The OP should have been prefaced with:

THIS is what I needed at THIS immigration office on THIS day with THIS official who was in THIS mood.*

I prefaced the OP with the following:

"I've created a checklist for the required documents following my research in the web:"

That is exactly what I did. It's not a checklist based on any actual experience!

Edited by NanYar