UK EEA family permit and the harm of providing unnecessary documentation

Having applied for a UK Visitor visa from Bangkok before, we have a list of all the documents we had to provide, such as:

1. Change of name certificate
  2. House registration
  3. ID card
  4. Birth certificate

I am filling the EEA Family Permit form online now (note: I will only submit it after our wedding in January) but in the list of documents to be provided it only asks for the applicant's passport and the marriage certificate. Worrying that our application may be refused for the lack of documents, I may end up submitting more than required. Is there any harm in providing all those 4 documents above?

I'm also submitting a ton of docs for proof of relationship. When we submit the application we will have been married for 7 to 10 days only, but we have been a couple for over 2 years. I am sending: WhatsApp chat and call history, money transfer, photos together, etc.

In summary, what is the harm of providing too much documentation, while on the other hand there could be the risk of a refusal for lack of evidence / documents?

Thanks, Rob

Generally the marriage certificate should suffice but a limited amount of evidence confirming the length of the relationship is unlikely to do any harm.

Bombarding the person processing the application with a ton of documents is as likely to cause more harm than good.

A small amount to clear evidence, presented clearly is better than a lorry load of useless or surplus information.

Quality not quantity!

Passport copy of you and your partner, marriage certificate and something that indicates that the Thai national will join the (non British) EU/EEA national  -such as a signed letter or a travel reservation- is all they legally can ask. I guess adding a few documents that show there has been a relationship for a few years now cannot hurt but they aren't required. No need for a pile of documents, this visa requires only a few documents. 

The application form used to (does?) Ask about income etc but all those questions are irrelevant for this sort of application so answering N/A to such questions is fine.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm

Archived