Good cheap food

Silent Tiger

Ive not been since 2010 & heard big changes have alot of bar areas closed now ?

Many may have closed and many opened too. Soi Buakao is very busy, on Beach Road sois 3, 6, 7, 8, the 13s. Plenty of bar complexes on 2nd Road, Naklua Road, Walking St and Jomtien. All have a very wide range of eateries nearby, Thai and Western. You will notice there are more visitors from China, India, Korea and Russia mainly. You won't see too many of them in bars.

I bet you blow your budget. Who doesn't?

I think Africans are more prevalent in Bangkok, but you will find some African ladies if you look hard enough. It must be 10 years since I visited Walking St. I believe African ladies are found around about there.

Does your £50 include for accommodation? If not, you should be fine. 80B sounds about right for a beer on Soi Buakao and Beach Road. Naklua Rd may be less but the ladies are perhaps less attractive, shall we say . Mind you, they all look like stunners with beer goggles on. As the country song says: I aint never been to bed with an ugly woman, but I've sure woken up with a few.

Edited by champers

13 hours ago, Silent Tiger said:

Heard Buakoa area is full of dead heads ?

MMMMM !!!!!! "Dead Heads "  or maybe  " Cheap Charlies"   By the sound of your request you'll  fit nicely into both catagorises ...so Maybe Soi Buakhao should be your destination of choice  ..  or better still go into any 7/11 and  purchase 10 Baht bag Mama and a large Chiang beer the sit on the step outside the shop and fill your belly whilst  watching the world go by with envious eyes. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Most of Soi Bouakao area, with the appropriate crowd of classy people. Enjoy. MS>

I,m a multi-millionaire residing quite close to soi Buakhaow and resent your remark sir..........bags of class with me as I always wear my sandals with clean socks....... :thumbsup:

As for the OP cheapest large Leo/Chang 60 baht in Utid court apartments bar and in the michelin rated tin cup restaurant a thai meal can be had for as little as 40 baht...no smiley service but free all you can drink water......:wai:

• Haha 2

Think there as been some mix up here !!! im NOT a johnny come laterly sat in the sticks sucking on a bottle of Leo ???? I wish to budget £50 sterling per day which is ok when on a pension !!! I can remember a meal for 30p in 1989 when only main road was central road ???? so anybody with a Thai bride without a pot to piss in pls keep your comments to yourselfs & go feen your chickens & enjoy your Leo ???? 

5 minutes ago, Silent Tiger said:

Think there as been some mix up here !!! im NOT a johnny come laterly sat in the sticks sucking on a bottle of Leo ???? I wish to budget £50 sterling per day which is ok when on a pension !!! I can remember a meal for 30p in 1989 when only main road was central road ???? so anybody with a Thai bride without a pot to piss in pls keep your comments to yourselfs & go feen your chickens & enjoy your Leo ???? 

I can remember when going to the movies cost 10 cents, so what? You haven't been here for 8 years, I've been living here for 9, first visit 1966.

You've been told already go to soi Buakhao in your Singha vest and flip flops and you will fit in nicely. Lots of them are desperate living on the bread line, they know exactly where to go

so make some friends and gently prod for your answers

Enjoy!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, madmen said:

You've been told already go to soi Buakhao in your Singha vest and flip flops and you will fit in nicely. Lots of them are desperate living on the bread line, they know exactly where to go

so make some friends and gently prod for your answers

Enjoy!

I guess some people look down on others as riff-raff if they are not eating at the Hilton.....

• Confused 1