Use Our Service If You Love Thailand, Much-Loathed State Post Says

webfact

19 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Playing the nationalism card. Pathetic.

If I were Kerry or Lalamove, I'd counteract immediately, posting ads in all major newspapers that read: "You, our customer, and we, the service provider, pay taxes on our transactions. And those go to the state to develop the nation, too."

Fess up, match the competition or go under. That's what free market capitalism is all about.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, MrMuddle said:

I've used Thai Post for 20 years, and never had a problem, what is it with Thai-bashing on this forum ?

When I lived in Bangkok, it was 90% reliable.

In Sri Racha, it is terrible, particularly with parcels. They just disappear. Who knows where they go. Sometimes they surface after months, yes months, sometimes they disappear forever. Now I have to use EMS and instruct people sending stuff to me to do the same.

Do not know what it is like in the city/tourist areas but do not have a problem up here when you consider the official address system is abysmal. We live in a part of a"village" some 3km from the official location but cannot use the village as an address, but neither can they. The address is a major road, nowhere near where we live, with the sub-district as the location but everything still gets delivered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

When I lived in Bangkok, it was 90% reliable.

In Sri Racha, it is terrible, particularly with parcels. They just disappear. Who knows where they go. Sometimes they surface after months, yes months, sometimes they disappear forever. Now I have to use EMS and instruct people sending stuff to me to do the same.

Trouble is, this type of thread always descends into the; 'it', whatever it is, is fantastic, and if you dare criticize you must be Thai bashing.

But as you rightly point out, there is no uniformity in Thai Post across the country, but equally there is no uniformity in almost anything across Thailand. From immigration, internet, local government, hospitals, the list is endless.

So, if it works for you, that's great, but the great apologists who frequent these hallowed TVF forums, need to wake up and smell the roses and recognize as much as you want to believe Thailand is perfect, it has huge structural problems, which it appears nobody is ever prepared to take on. Better just cover your eyes and retreat to fantasy land.

I btw, never had much problem with Thai Post, always seems to work OK

• Like 2

On 12/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, MrMuddle said:

No, I don't. It's unnecessary and often without merit. It's also against the forum rules.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

*yawn*

Right you are...

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Our standard post arrives in a bundle held together with an elastic band once every quarter - same for many others in the area (Hua Hin). They are dreadful here.

Their premium EMS service works perfectly fine of course.

My standard post arrives twice a week or sometimes more at my home in a small village in Roi Et.

Once a quarter is disgraceful.