Prawit orders clampdown as drugs worth Bt4.5 bn seized

snoop1130

Prawit orders clampdown as drugs worth Bt4.5 bn seized

By The Nation

7b8ba3fa68b8b873616c999dd5b573ee.jpeg

File photo Police display 7 million methamphetamine tablets and 6,000 ecstasy pills at the Muang Lampang Police Station earlier this week, after seizing the huge haul of illicit drugs from a major drugtrafficking gang in their area.

A MONTH of huge drug hauls worth more than Bt4.5 billion in total has triggered alarm at the extent of narcotics-trafficking in Thailand and brought renewed efforts by authorities to curb the problem.

In November, authorities arrested 12,118 drug suspects. 

“Confiscated from them were more than 29 million methamphetamine tablets, 132 kilos of crystal methamphetamine, 274 kilos of heroin, and more than 10,000 kilos of marijuana and opium,” Defence Ministry spokesman Lt-General Kongcheep Tantravanich said yesterday. 

Upon receiving the November report on anti-narcotics operations, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwon instructed security agencies to place stronger emphasis on intelligence with the goal of eradicating the trafficking rings. 

He said military units must implement stringent measures to stem the flow of illicit drugs through jungles and roads along the borders. 

He also advised police and administrative officials to crack down on transit points for drugs in their areas. 

“Local administrative bodies should also work closely with the Public Health Ministry in rehabilitating drug abusers,” Prawit said. 

In a related development, authorities in Phang Nga province announced they had crippled the operations of a drug-trafficking gang. 

Police told media on Tuesday evening that at least three members of the gang had been nabbed. 

Phang Nga Police Station’s superintendent Pol Colonel Pratuang Srilamontri said the first member of the gang detained was Kitti Puenrak, 28. 

He was nabbed with 60,000 methamphetamine tablets and one kilo of crystal methamphetamine in his possession. 

“After his arrest, we were able to trace two more drug suspects,” he said. 

These two were Apichart Kodsap, 35, and Manit Promjun, 34. Police say Apichart had hidden 38,000 methamphetamine tablets and two kilos of crystal methamphetamine in the forest behind his home, while a search of Manit’s home had revealed 44,000 methamphetamine tablets concealed inside cabinets.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359902

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-5

What exactly does 'methamphetamine' do for those who indulge?

I enjoy caffeine in the morning to help me wake up, although I've heard eating an apple works better and faster.

A couple of GT's after dinner is nice, maybe a couple more if my joints are playing up etc.

Like many I just don't see the 'take this tablet' and you'll have a wonderful night thing.

Somebody tell me what is so good about it. I don't want to try it, I just want someone to explain to me what is so good about it. It always seems to be 'bar raided' and xxx customers found taking drugs. Is alcohol in moderation not enough?

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

That this only represents maybe 10% of what made it through the Thai net is a scary thought indeed. Keep pounding your head against the wall boys, it's worked so well all over the world.

10% ? im glad your well informed with the figures.im not going to ask you to prove it as I know you can't.as for banging their heads against a wall.they are doing a great job.

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I enjoy caffeine in the morning to help me wake up, although I've heard eating an apple works better and faster.

A couple of GT's after dinner is nice, maybe a couple more if my joints are playing up etc.

Like many I just don't see the 'take this tablet' and you'll have a wonderful night thing.

Somebody tell me what is so good about it. I don't want to try it, I just want someone to explain to me what is so good about it. It always seems to be 'bar raided' and xxx customers found taking drugs. Is alcohol in moderation not enough?

These drugs send you paranoid,schizophrenic,anti social,can't work,can't keep a decent relationship together let alone a family,poor and a burden on society and healthcare.there is no good in these type of drugs.im sorry but when I hear people chant on legalise them I think these people are just pessimistic defeatists.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

If you consume "Ice" your brain will be flooded with dopamine und you will feel an unbelievable  energy,Happy, invincible, strong, unbelievable self esteem. It will massively enhance your sexdrive and makes really horny. That is the reason why it is the drug of choice for many gay men all over the world. You can't sleep and never mind how much alcohol you drink it will be nearly impossible to get real drunk.  The downside is when the rush( up to 12hrs) is over you will feel exhausted and depressed. If people take it for a long time you will need more and more to feel the same because your brain will become used to the chemical overstimulation. And many people will develop paranoia. 

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=meth+before+and+after+photo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL2Y_U-YnfAhURbMAKHc94BiwQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=608

• Like 1

This is a testament to efficiency and effectiveness of modern meth labs being run in Myanmar and elsewhere.  Of course, instead of cutting the head off the snake, the authorities will continue to take snippets of the tail and pat themselves on the backs during photo-ops.  That 'war' you're fighting boys?  It's unwinnable, especially the way ya'll are going about it. 

13 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Where's the legalise it tv posse preaching the war on drugs is losing.at the rate of arrests last month it works out at 150,000 a year.10 years down the road and its a quarter of the Thai population.apart from the weed these are evil and destructive drugs and should never be legal.anyway good job chaps and I hope every gram gets thrown on the fire.

I also hope it is all destroyed but in a country ruled by corruption, I just can't see it happening.