Banking Transfering money to Thailand

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Many Brits are successfully using TransferWise now and it would appear that they also operate out of the USA. Check out:

https://transferwise.com/us/

My bank Usbank will not allow me to send money to there account.  I am trying to see if they can do an international transfer.

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Many Brits are successfully using TransferWise now and it would appear that they also operate out of the USA. Check out:

https://transferwise.com/us/

2 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

My bank Usbank will not allow me to send money to there account.  I am trying to see if they can do an international transfer.

I think we'd call that protectionism. ????

Good luck with your quest anyway.

23 hours ago, ToddinChonburi said:

I am trying to see if they can do an international transfer.

Apart from any increased cost they (and any intermediate banks) may charge you is there any reason why would they not be able to do an international transfer? My understanding is that they are not exactly a small player? 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, ToddinChonburi said:

Since you have an Account with USBank just use the Transferwise "ACH Debit" funding method which is where you authorized Transferwise to "pull" the funding from your USBank account to fund the transfer. I expect that's how most US folks do it....it's how I have done it for my six Transferwise transfers to my Thai bank accounts.

You appear to be the second person in related threads who possibly thinks you have to "wire/push" money to Transferwise to fund your transfer.  Well, you can do that but a Wire transfer usually incurs a healthy bank fee and you might have to call/provide written instructions to your bank.   

Why don't you want to use "ACH Debit" to fund the transfer....easy...quick...cheap.

Archived