Retirement Extension Renewal

This morning I went to renew my retirement visa extension at Jomtien Immigration 40 days in advance. I was led to believe that this could be done up to 45 days in advance. The immigration lady told me that 30 days is maximum and to get new bank letter with funds on deposit and new copies of pass book ID and the pages of funds on deposit. A gentleman sitting next to me came yesterday at 2PM to renew his extension and was told to come back tomorrow.

I went to collect my BE income letter from the visa agent and there was a notice on the reception desk stating 90 days in advance can be used in jomtien? I will phone him if this is not so?

Edited by zoza

17 minutes ago, zoza said:

I went to collect my BE income letter from the visa agent and there was a notice on the reception desk stating 90 days in advance can be used in jomtien? I will phone him if this is not so?

Jomtien has been accepting them that are up to 6 months old since it was allowed in 2013.

32 minutes ago, thesa said:

A gentleman sitting next to me came yesterday at 2PM to renew his extension and was told to come back tomorrow.

As he was sitting I presume he had already been given a queue ticket and should have been handled that day. Usually they will check the paperwork, take the funds and then require you to return next day to collect passport with the new extension.

26 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Jomtien seems to be hit and miss. There have been reports of them accepting applications within 45-30 days in the past.

I have heard twice that Jomtiem requires some supporting paperwork if one requires an Extension processing earlier than 30 days in advance. IE a flight booking out of Thailand prior to that 30 day limit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien has been accepting them that are up to 6 months old since it was allowed in 2013.

sorry Joe I was told instead of 45days jomtien was now accepting extension applications 90 days before your last extension expired

I have just spoke to the actual visa agent and he said 30-45 days

but there is some leeway given if your paperwork is all ok.

the girl in the office got a bit mixed up? maybe I talked a bit to

quick for her as everything else was spot on 

33 minutes ago, zoza said:

sorry Joe I was told instead of 45days jomtien was now accepting extension applications 90 days before your last extension expired

I thought you were writing about how long the income letter is valid for.

I find it hard to believe that they will allow you to do an extension application 90 days early.

• Like 1

This is getting more complicated by the day.

Ae the income letters from BE only valid till 1 January.

I am due to fly to Udon with the family 26th December

Ad are returning to Pattaya on the 8th of January.

Will immigration allow me to apply for my renewal in the 45 days

Beforemy current visa expires on 27 of January I do not think this is doable

With out some lee-way from immigration

Anyone see a way for me to get out of this? with out flying back to the UK.

ok if they have a shelf life of six months I have 19 days to my visa expiry

should not be a big deal as I will get all my passport copies done and just

go the bank when I return and then head to soi five. no problems.

cheers.

10 minutes ago, zoza said:

Ae the income letters from BE only valid till 1 January.

The income letter is valid for 6 months from the date it was done.

The 1st of January is the cutoff date the embassy set for not issuing them.

11 minutes ago, zoza said:

Beforemy current visa expires on 27 of January I do not think this is doable

You could apply for the extension after your trips in January.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The income letter is valid for 6 months from the date it was done.

The 1st of January is the cutoff date the embassy set for not issuing them.

You could apply for the extension after your trips in January.

yes joe I did figure it but a bit off misinformation thrown in and I crumble and started to panic, glad to have a cool head checking stuff for me. 

Edited by zoza

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I have heard twice that Jomtiem requires some supporting paperwork if one requires an Extension processing earlier than 30 days in advance. IE a flight booking out of Thailand prior to that 30 day limit.

Exact same at Nonthaburi.  They wouldn't answer their goddamn phone, so I chanced it.  Guy checked my paperwork, and gave me a number..no wait, but IO says too early, but if I could show tickets out, they can do....bank letter good for 7 days, but I think they want a passbook update that day.  

Always did it early in CM.

Edited by moontang

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My one year retirement visa is due at the end of June 2019. Can i get an income letter from the Embassy before 31.12.2018 and use it for the visa next June?

I guess you mean an Extension based on retirement.

Theoretically and as things appear to be at the moment, yes, although the last application date for letters from the BE is the 12th Dec.

And submit renewal as soon as you can, May 31st.

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My one year retirement visa is due at the end of June 2019. Can i get an income letter from the Embassy before 31.12.2018 and use it for the visa next June?

Yes you could use one as long as it is not older than 6 months on the date you apply.

You have less than a week to send the application to the UK embassy for the income letter if you are from there. The 12th is the last day they will accept them.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I find it hard to believe that they will allow you to do an extension application 90 days early.

Back in the old days, 20 years ago, you were allowed to do extensions up to 90 days early. This may be the source of the misinformation.

Jomtien has been pretty strict about not accepting extension applications more than 30 days before expiry, certainly in the last 2 years.