upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

fvw53

I use Win 10 Home since the beginning and I have deleted the need for a password to boot (I have only 1 PC and it is a desktop)

Now I am surprised to get notice that my password will expire within 2 days

I have tried to undo the expiry of password but the internet instructions apply all to Win 10 Pro and I have no idea what will happen if my non existing password expires.

So I checked online the eventual cost of upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro :  websites outside Thailand offer this for 99 USD but Lazada offers Windows 10 Pro 32bit/64bit Product Key for 290 Baht...

I cannot imagine Lazada will offer fake software ...but did any TVF member tries this Lazada key with satisfaction?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I tried the cocosenor solutions but they do not apply to my Win 10 Home edition (only to Win 10 Pro)

- if I try lusrmgr.msc (local users and groups) I get attached message and the recommended "User Accounts" tool does not work.

- if I try netplwiz then I have no option of "Advanced user management"

lusrmgr.msc.JPG

Edited by fvw53
clarification

7 hours ago, fvw53 said:

Good idea ...but how long then will this last before I face the same problem again

There is a chance the problem is linked to the failed October update but that affected win pro being downgraded to win home.

Doing as I suggested cannot do any harm as you can setup/remove passwords at any time in all versions of windows..

I am assuming the message you are getting is a legit Windows "notification"?

Do you have a screenshot of the notification?

Edited by scottiejohn

On 12/7/2018 at 10:17 AM, fvw53 said:

Good idea ...but how long then will this last before I face the same problem again

A couple months ago, after win10 update had same problem and found 2 options, if you are interested I can send you a link that let's you activate windows and other microsoft products, it's a ZIP file or you can related to the below photos to activate using the previous provided key, I did it the first time and solved the problem

WIN_Product Key.png

Windows KEY original-8-16-18.png

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 1:26 PM, fvw53 said:

I tried the cocosenor solutions but they do not apply to my Win 10 Home edition (only to Win 10 Pro)

- if I try lusrmgr.msc (local users and groups) I get attached message and the recommended "User Accounts" tool does not work.

- if I try netplwiz then I have no option of "Advanced user management"

lusrmgr.msc.JPG

Finally I found a link to kill the warning that my Win 10 Home password would expire (and do no longer to upgrade to Win 10 Pro)

I just followed attached instructions

password expire.JPG

Edited by fvw53
add jpg

9 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

You do appear to have a propensity for posting nonsense.

Windows 7/8/10 home is always the most crippled and least supported version, they're is literally no reason to use it unless you want to be cheap and even that doesn't hold water thesedays when oem pro licences are available so cheaply....