Change of Motorbike Title and Province from Bangkok to Hua Hin

fpexpert

Hi, I have searched the forums but have not really found an up to date answer to my query so here goes.

I have bought a used kawasaki motorcycle privately in bangkok (i live in Hua Hin).

I have the green book, signed Copies of the owners Thai ID Card and Signed POA form and vehicle transfer form. For myself i have copies of my passport  picture page, visa and arrival form and a certificate of residence.

Now can someone tell me if i need to go to the Bangkok Transport office and get the transfer done or am i able to go to phetchaburi Vehicle office and get it done or is it going to be a nightmare mixture of the two. I hate Thai bureaucracy!!!

I had asked at a vehicle testing office and they said i had to go to Bangkok then the Kawasaki Main dealer said to go to phetchaburi.

Or if anyone knows of an agency who will do it for me please let me know.

isn't Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province ?
Take the bike to your "home" province and at the main Department of Land Transportation tell them you want to "move" registration there
They issue new number plate change names in book ...it might take 2 trips no need to go to BKK.

19 hours ago, fpexpert said:

I had asked at a vehicle testing office and they said i had to go to Bangkok then the Kawasaki Main dealer said to go to phetchaburi.

So does the bike have Petchaburi plates on it now ??     but you bought it in BKK and live in HH ?

in any case take it to Hua Hin DLT and have them "move" it  to that province get new plates and change name.

20 hours ago, johng said:

So does the bike have Petchaburi plates on it now ??     but you bought it in BKK and live in HH ?

in any case take it to Hua Hin DLT and have them "move" it  to that province get new plates and change name.

The Bike has Bangkok plates on it, will be going to the Road transport office in Pranburi which deals with Hua Hin vehicles on tuesdays and will see what happens!

Archived