Non O Multiple Entry and New Passport

I have a non-O one year multiple entry due to expire in the end of May. I just got a new passport and about to do a visa run in Myanmar by land to reset a fresh 90-day entry. Is it correct to assume that I need to bring both passports to the border crossing (the cancelled old passport with the still valid visa and the new fresh passport to get a new entry stamp) to have a smooth crossing? And this procedure is to be repeated until the expiration of the visa in the old passport?

Yes.

When you first exit the IO will transfer your current entry to the new passport, and stamp you out in the new passport.

After that you just need to show the old visa on entry, and you’ll be stamped in/out in the new passport.

• Thanks 1

I read that at some point you need to transfer the visa to your new passport at an immigration office (before the next extension), the airport and presumably the land border IO just stamps entry in the new passport after checking the old pass,  but does not transfer anything.... (my info and experience are very limited,  just reading stuff on this forum) ! 

Reading the last post,  maybe they do the transfer on exit,  my info was for getting a new pass abroad and entering with that new pass,  so discard it.... 

Edited by Agusts

10 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I read that at some point you need to transfer the visa to your new passport at an immigration office (before the next extension)...

The OP is not on an extension.

Immigration does not transfer the visa but makes a note of it in the new passport.

13 hours ago, Agusts said:

I read that at some point you need to transfer the visa to your new passport at an immigration office (before the next extension), the airport and presumably the land border IO just stamps entry in the new passport after checking the old pass,  but does not transfer anything.... (my info and experience are very limited,  just reading stuff on this forum) ! 

Reading the last post,  maybe they do the transfer on exit,  my info was for getting a new pass abroad and entering with that new pass,  so discard it.... 

One of the reasons for not calling an extension a visa when asking on Thaivisa, it helps getting the correct answer quickly.

Basically if you are doing 90 day reports you have an extension of stay, even if Imm' call it a visa ????.

One exception would be an OA visa, normally known as a long stay visa.

Edited by overherebc

The permission to stay stamp and card have to be transferred to the new passport. This should be done at an immigration office and there is no charge for this. With your new passport, you should have received a letter of authentication from your embassy asking for the stamp to be transferred to your new passport. Some people have had difficulty when trying to have the stamp transferred without the embassy letter. 

10 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

The permission to stay stamp and card have to be transferred to the new passport. This should be done at an immigration office and there is no charge for this. With your new passport, you should have received a letter of authentication from your embassy asking for the stamp to be transferred to your new passport. Some people have had difficulty when trying to have the stamp transferred without the embassy letter. 

He doesn't have an extension. 

• Like 1