How much would you pay for this Honda Wave 125i 2016?

tomyamsomtam

Hi friends,

I am leaving Chiang Mai soon to move to Vietnam so I need to let go of my dear bike. It is a Honda Wave 125i 2016. I bought it at big dealer shop (near Airport plaza) for 33,000baht with 6,000km. First I must say it was in an almost new conditions and I maintain it very well, no accidents whatsoever. I used it mainly to ride to work. During the 8 months of riding it, I even spent 5,000baht to add accessories to it so it looks really fancy, a good boy to go. In total, I paid 38,000baht for it. It comes with greenbook and tax paid for 2019. As I know, a new one costs 55,000 baht.

I brought it to 2 rental shops and got offers for 20,000baht. I understand yes it depreciates overtime. But I found this to be so low ???? feel like being robbed.

So I want to ask for your experience and opinion on selling motorbikes in Chiang Mai. And what is the fair price would be to sell my motorbike and where?

I also heard that they offer lower price to farangs. Is it true?

Appreciate your advice.

My wife just sold her 2012 Wave 125 I which only had roughly 6,000 km for 30,000 baht. She replaced it with a new 125 I Wave

at Niyom Panich for 53,300 baht.

I also heard that they offer lower price to farangs. Is it true?

Yes it is, many foreigners buy instead of renting bikes if they are not certain of length of stay. When they leave most will sell cheap just to recover something.

Edited by ramrod711

9 hours ago, tomyamsomtam said:

So I want to ask for your experience and opinion on selling motorbikes in Chiang Mai. And what is the fair price would be to sell my motorbike and where?

Shops have to make a profit so they buy for less than a private purchaser.

If a shop offers 20k, you could probably sell privately for 25k

Accessories add no resale value to a vehicle.

A picture of the bike would help.

If you sell privately you will get more but it might take time. You could try this forums classified section or Kai Dee to advertise it.

Might even be possible to take it with you to Vietnam. Worth looking into.