How to Help the Wild Boars Soccer Team and Other Kids in Thailand

webfact

How to Help the Wild Boars Soccer Team and Other Kids in Thailand

By FELIZ SOLOMON / MAE SAI, THAILAND 

screenshot_8315.jpg

video screenshot

Nearly six months after they were dramatically rescued from a flooded cave in northern Thailand, the Wild Boars soccer team has a message for the thousands of people who helped save them: “Thank you.”

TIME spent a day with the 12 boys and their assistant coach in early December, and they said they have recovered and are ready to give back. Their parents have launched the Wild Boars Education Fund to raise money for all of the team’s members to complete their education so they will be better equipped to help others in need.

“We are so touched by your kindness,” says 13-year-old Phanumat Saengdee, who goes by the nickname Mix. “I want to be strong and capable when I grow up, so that I will be able to help a lot of people.”

Full story: http://time.com/5477573/how-to-help-wild-boars-thailand/

-- TIME 2018-12-13

• Sad 1

Surely they've gotten plenty for all of these TV appearances, upcoming movie, etc.?  If not, these people doing the interviews and movies have some 'splaining to do about why they're making money off these kids without them seeing a satang...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Their parents have launched the Wild Boars Education Fund to raise money for all of the team’s members to complete their education so they will be better equipped to help others in need.

How about giving the money to the Family of the deceased diver or paying back the money to the Thai Government which they spent on the rescue ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1