WP on a Non-O visa?

Yes, I agree with the above reply. I am on a Non-O based on marriage and I have a work permit for teaching. Immigration and labor do not seem to communicate with one another, as immigration will typically say you cannot have a WP on a non-o and will try to convince you that you need to have a non-b. happens almost everytime that I go into immigration for one thing or another. it is labour's decision, NOT immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, homemade514 said:

Yes, I agree with the above reply. I am on a Non-O based on marriage and I have a work permit for teaching. Immigration and labor do not seem to communicate with one another, as immigration will typically say you cannot have a WP on a non-o and will try to convince you that you need to have a non-b. happens almost everytime that I go into immigration for one thing or another. it is labour's decision, NOT immigration.

I used to have a Work Permit and Non-B for many years, and it was actually the head of my local immigration office who advised my wife that i should to move to a Work Permit and Non-O Support Thai Wife.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I used to have a Work Permit and Non-B for many years, and it was actually the head of my local immigration office who advised my wife that i should to move to a Work Permit and Non-O Support Thai Wife.

Yes, there are good-hearted IOs out there - I have spoken to many.  But best to be prepared for encountering those who aren't, or it can be a shock.

12 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

I am also keen to apply for a WP on my NON O which is based on marriage. Can the wife apply for my WP using her name or do I still need a Co LTD or employer?

A registered partnership or company with at least one million baht of registered capital is required. It is also possible to do it if you wife registers a sole proprietor business.

1 hour ago, Damaz6052 said:

I am also keen to apply for a WP on my NON O which is based on marriage. Can the wife apply for my WP using her name or do I still need a Co LTD or employer?

Thanks.

In addition to above response, 1 to 4 Thai employees hired to support your work-permit (most reports say 2), depending on the policies at your local labor-office.