Leaving Condo in Pattaya un-attended for 4 month

RoadWarrior371

19 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

even had a few gals tell me I am a Hansum Man.

(Queen  Don't stop me now)

Yeah, I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite, I'm out of control
I am a sex machine, ready to reload
Like an atom bomb about to
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh explode
I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm traveling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

This seems excessive to me. Once a month would be more than enough. Still, it's your money to blow on whatever you wish, of course.

The electricity bill sounds about right for 4 days flat-out use of 3 air-cons every month, but the water bill seems way over the top. I dont use that much water in a month when I am living in my condo full-time.

I was using generalities...........last water bill I saw was 188 baht, five people, month of June - I really have no idea what it costs monthly, maybe the price of a beer or two.  PEA charges on the other hand are consistent with neighbors, if I am home full time for a month or two (which is rarely) my electricity bill may reach 1500-2000 baht, and I only use the AC sparingly, but not this and next month,pbly won't use it at all.............Peace

I've left my condo unoccupied for up to 8 months, just doing the following:

1. Shutoff all circuit breakers, except the one powering the fridge. Auto pay electric bill from your bank account. Keep a few beer in the fridge to wash road dust from your throat upon your return.

2. Unplug all electrical appliances (except fridge), and unplug cable TV cable.

3. Dispose of everything from fridge and cupboards that may spoil.

4. Use black-out curtains on all windows and glass doors.

5. Leave all interior doors open.

6. Leave washroom windows open, with an insect screen.

7. Shutoff the water at main valve. There should be no water bill during your absence. If there is, someone may have been occupying your condo, or you have  leaking taps or toilets. I'd also keep records of your last few water bills.

8. Pour bleach into toilet bowls, and sink traps and shower trap. Plug sink drains. Bleach prevents bacteria forming and avoids insects use of the water. Clean out kitchen sink trap. May want to add bleach to toilet tank too.

9. Cover beds with a dust cover. I didn't cover leather or wood furniture.

10. Vacuum and wash floor with disinfectant.

11. Empty all garbage cans and spray with insect killer, like long-life Chaindrite.

12. After cleaning floor, spray Chaindrite around all exterior doorways(both inside and outside), and anywhere where crawling insects have been spotted. Also spray around the base of all wood furniture, around fridge, and its electric cord.

13. Lock all doors and windows, so they can't be pried open. Use the good quality expensive locks.

14. Take photos of the interior and record serial numbers of anything that may have a serial number, like TV, fridge, etc.. Compare photos upon your return,

15. Remove from balcony anything affected by the weather - rain or sun. Optionally, cover AC compressors, especially if they are exposed to rain or sun.

16. Discontinue internet service. Extend telephone validation date beyond your planned return date, to retain same phone number.

17. Prepay condo maintenance fee beyond your planned return date.

Your comments, questions and concerns are welcome.

6 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

1. Shutoff all circuit breakers, except the one powering the fridge. Auto pay electric bill from your bank account. Keep a few beer in the fridge to wash road dust from your throat upon your return.

Empty the fridge turn off all electric and just buy a few cold beers from 7/11 upon your dusty return ????

16 minutes ago, johng said:

Empty the fridge turn off all electric and just buy a few cold beers from 7/11 upon your dusty return ????

It's a long tiring trip from the USA and I don't want to make it any longer than it has to be, not even stopping the taxi at a 7/11 to buy beers. After the journey, I just want to open-up the condo, relax, sit down, put my feet up, and enjoy a few cold ones, and savor my completed journey from the opposite side of the globe, and think about unspeakable pleasures that await me in the Land of Smiles. The electric bill is only about 200B per month.

I'm not sure what would happen if the electric bill shows zero usage for many months. Could someone deem the place abandon and pull the meter?

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

I'm not sure what would happen if the electric bill shows zero usage for many months. Could someone deem the place abandon and pull the meter?

Even if you consumption is zero, your bill will not be zero but about 30+ baht.

As long as this bill is paid monthly, no problem. So auto-payment is the way to go.

BTW I find it's a bad idea to let an electric device running attended during months.

By example the thermostat of your fridge could become faulty and your fridge would run full throttle non stop. At best a huge electric bill, at worse a risk of fire...

On 12/14/2018 at 6:37 PM, johng said:

You know of course there are 2 commonly used heat measurement scales

Degrees Fahrenheit and  Degrees Centigrade/Celsius  80F is about 27C

I wouldn't leave the aircon or anything electrical (220V) on unattended for 4 months

turn off water and electric.

I agree, shouldn’t leave anything that is electrical on.  Completely shut down power ,take the fuse off.  

Archived