No holidays for Pattaya cops at Xmas and New Year

webfact

No holidays for Pattaya cops at Xmas and New Year

w644-1.jpg

Picture: Line Today

The head of Pattaya's tourist police has spoken. 

Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn told the men and women under his command on Saturday that all leave is cancelled from December 24th to January 2nd. 

The message was clear - tourist safety and convenience was more important than time off. 

Lt-Col told Line Today that his men were ready for every eventuality and would be teaming up with other sections of the force and local authority to make sure that the expected influx of visitors was safe and sound. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-17
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm this. They were hard at work this morning on Sukhumvit shaking down drivers.
Unfortunately i was giving my Thai golfing partner a lift home and the man in brown found himself having to supply his personal details, rather than me having to give a brown envelope. not going to be such a merry Xmas for him !

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fullcave said:

It's not a Thai holiday anyway. Let them go for Chinese new year instead. 

New Year has always been Thai national holiday......as is Songkran, and of course Chinese New Year is celebrated. 

Christmas is nothing for Thais, a normal working day - and school day.

almost 2weeks work. but what classifies as work? couple hours sleeping, couple for lunch, couple for phone gazing, 30 min fines. 

I sorta feel sorry for them but atleast they will harass all the tourists and drive away more tourists from coming back so they wont need to work next year.

I just love how Thais get into the Xmas spirit and want the same holidays as back in the west despite the fact that they are Buddhists and that their New Year is not on the same date and that Xmas is not even one of their holidays.

I do have a little leniency for the New Year though. Let some coppers have 1/2 a day off...????