Vinyl siding

joloit

Hi,

does anyone know a company here in Thailand, that sells vinyl siding for exterior walls? I have tried alibaba in China. They do have sidings for sale, but I would have to have an agent to do all the paperwork for transport and customs. This would probably be more expensive, than the material itself. Thanks!!

Siding1.jpg

i know the stuff you are referring to , I imported a container load from the USA to the UK some years ago, i also brought over some shaped polystyrene insulation to fit underneath, i can see nothing on the mega site like this, and have never seen any in Thailand

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

They do sell pvc cladding though in loads of mock timber shades. Global and Home Pro for starters.

Looking at it though, its really an internal wall product as the timber colouring is just a vinyl wrap

The vinyl siding I am talking about is very light. You are probably referring to the cement cladding. I am building a tiny house on wheels and am trying to save as much weight as I possibly can, Eyecatcher. The house will look something like this one. 

Cypress20.JPG

7 minutes ago, joloit said:

The vinyl siding I am talking about is very light. You are probably referring to the cement cladding. I am building a tiny house on wheels and am trying to save as much weight as I possibly can, Eyecatcher. The house will look something like this one. 

Cypress20.JPG

nope I am not referring to shera or eco wood cladding. I am talking about pvc vinyl wrap. they do many profiles even archis and coving.fully understand the weight. As an alternative you could buy teak cladding, its certainly 3x the price of shera but compared with a new vinyl I don't know.

15 hours ago, joloit said:

Vinyl is a very light material. I found many good infos on YouTube. I guess I'll have to check with alibaba again. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your responses, guys!! 

It certainly can be light if thin enough. I don't have any information on that kind of product, however vinyl sheet definitely is available in Thailand in the standard 2440 x 1220 size though I certainly would not call it light weight. I'm just about to start making a bathroom base unit out of a 20mm board and a 10mm one and I would not say that either is light weight. 20mm is 36 kg 10mm is 16 kg. Thank goodness I have installed a crane in my workshop as they are too big and heavy to move otherwise.

They do make a 3mm board that for the UV resistant one is only  6.3 kg

• 10 months later...

Why wouldn't you use cement board siding? Bound to be more durable and colorfast than that thin plastic stuff and can be purchased locally. Look at homemart, scg, shera, others. Can choose from many beautiful effects and styles too.

siding.png.9521b21d78d7f772a1271bcd9ad1a674.png

sidign2.png.30179529bb6de4eef6d926f37e588992.png

Edited by canopy

5 minutes ago, canopy said:

Why wouldn't you use cement board siding? Bound to be more durable and colorfast than that thin plastic stuff and can be purchased locally. Look at homemart, scg, shera, others. Can choose from many beautiful effects and styles too.

siding.png.9521b21d78d7f772a1271bcd9ad1a674.png

sidign2.png.30179529bb6de4eef6d926f37e588992.png

I think he is concerned about weight