Proof of address for UK passport renewal at Trendy Building

Hi,

Has anyone had any recent experience with common sense proof of address at the UK passport office in the trendy building?

If I provide a Thai Credit Card statement and AIS postpaid bill in English with my address, will it be accepted?

Any recent experiences? The people on the passport helpline are useless and the online guidance (below) is not only difficult to attain, I don't want to get immigration letter and mess about with translations.

• visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

• tax record eg a letter from a tax authority

• educational record eg school report

• employment record eg official letter from your employer

• letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department

• medical/health card

• voter’s card

• immigration documents.

Thanks

Edited by Satcommlee

Translated address on a Thai drivers license. Phone, cable tv and internet bills and etc. Just about anything that shows your address here on it has been accepted from reports I have seen since they started doing passports at Trendy.

I have recently been to Trendy Building (13th December) to renew my UK passport. You DO NOT NEED proof of address - only PROOF OF RESIDENCE. I offered my Thai Driving Licence but this was not acceptable as it was in Thai. The young lady was very helpful and just asked for an extra colour copy from my passport of my current valid one year Thai Retirement Visa which is sufficient to prove "RESIDENCY". She also said that the Counter Signatory details were not necessary and removed the relevant page, asking me to sign and date just two boxes on a replacement page. The need to sign the reverse of one photo was also NOT NECESSARY. I must admit I was rather apprehensive but all the paperwork (including 2 photos) were put together and I got a receipt with the DHL tracking number. My application is now in Liverpool and the fee of 128.51 pounds (5,563 baht) has been debited from my Krungsri Bank account using my VISA DEBIT CARD. No problems, so now I am a happy bunny.

I have recently been to Trendy Building (13th December) to renew my UK passport. You DO NOT NEED proof of address - only PROOF OF RESIDENCE. I offered my Thai Driving Licence but this was not acceptable as it was in Thai. The young lady was very helpful and just asked for an extra colour copy from my passport of my current valid one year Thai Retirement Visa which is sufficient to prove "RESIDENCY". She also said that the Counter Signatory details were not necessary and removed the relevant page, asking me to sign and date just two boxes on a replacement page. The need to sign the reverse of one photo was also NOT NECESSARY. I must admit I was rather apprehensive but all the paperwork (including 2 photos) were put together and I got a receipt with the DHL tracking number. My application is now in Liverpool and the fee of 128.51 pounds (5,563 baht) has been debited from my Krungsri Bank account using my VISA DEBIT CARD. No problems, so now I am a happy bunny.
Cheers for that update, I'm there in Feb.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this thread, for any other interested parties..

Credit card statement and phone bill accepted as proof of address, no problem.

Application submitted at Trendy on 21st December

Credit Card collection 27th December

Ready for collection at Trendy 4th January

That is an amazing turn around considering there were Christmas holidays...

1 hour ago, Satcommlee said:

Thought I'd update this thread, for any other interested parties..

Credit card statement and phone bill accepted as proof of address, no problem.

Application submitted at Trendy on 21st December

Credit Card collection 27th December

Ready for collection at Trendy 4th January

That is an amazing turn around considering there were Christmas holidays...

That seems to be normal, just before Christmas mine was back in 10 days.  

On 12/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, Badrabbit said:

What is the best way from Don Muang airport to Trendy?

The A2 bus from Don Mueang to Morchit and then the BTS (sky train) to the Nana station and then a walk to Trendy.