Snake attack

PoorSucker

Tambon (subdistrict) Phai Thon (= name of police station)

Amphoe (district) Rong Kwang

In the east of Phrae province (northern Thailand).

https://goo.gl/maps/M11Zq9jb6zQ2

The snake was not poisonous but known to be an "aggressive" type?

The man was somewhat handicapped (one leg).

Source: sanook.com.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So much for all the people who say a snake will never attack if you aren't disturbing it.

There was something I read on some snake aficionado's page who said that basically the snake attacked because it got startled. Was rolling over towards the safety and cover of the chair but didn't detect the guy because he wasn't initially moving. When the guy made a sudden movement, the snake got a fright and acted aggressively as a form of defending itself. 

I dunno if that's true or not, but came from a relatively reputable source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SammyT said:

There was something I read on some snake aficionado's page who said that basically the snake attacked because it got startled. Was rolling over towards the safety and cover of the chair but didn't detect the guy because he wasn't initially moving. When the guy made a sudden movement, the snake got a fright and acted aggressively as a form of defending itself. 

I dunno if that's true or not, but came from a relatively reputable source

Yes, that's a good summary of what happened.  The thread title is misleading.  It wasn't an "attack". 

In human terms, the snakes reaction equates to when someone sneaks up and scares the bejeezuz out of you from behind.  People react in varying degrees to that, up to and including a person who, in that split second, will turn and throw a punch blindly in their startled, defensive state.