Anger in UK parliament as Corbyn accused of calling PM 'stupid woman'

webfact

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

nowhere did I even hint at that,

my English ain't good but it is not so bad that you could synthesize as you do

Rather than having me guessing what you mean, why don't you explain what you mean, being nebulous doesn't become you????????

You did say "my disagreement is related to your bit about derogatory remarks in parliament"

19 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'm neither sexist or misogynistic (neither was the remark) but have been known to mutter the remark to a friend when listening to someone (male and female) who was rattling on like a 5 year old.

Really , I am surprised that Corbny didnt state that in his defence 

*Spidey from Thai visa uses those words as well, so, why shouldnt I?*

• Haha 1

Just now, sanemax said:

Really , I am surprised that Corbny didnt state that in his defence 

*Spidey from Thai visa uses those words as well, so, why shouldnt I?*

If he knew who I really was (by right of inheritance, I should be sat in Buck House writing this) I'm sure he would have quoted me.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Of course it would be OK to say that Abbot is a fat idiot. Statement of fact.

It would not be OK to call Corbyn anti Semitic. He's anti Zionist, not anti Semitic. Apples and oranges.

OK, its OK to label Abbot as being fat , as she is rather plump .

Would it also be OK to call her Black, in a derogatory way ?

"Stupid fat Black Woman"

If statements of facts are not derogatory , it would be OK to call Abbot a "Silly fat old Black Woman"

Just now, vogie said:

I don't know anyone famous from Huddersfield????

Harold Wilson? Anita Longsborough?

I wasn't actually born in Huddersfield, just raised there. My claim to inheritance comes from my Scottish ancestry. Check my board name out.

I can also offer good evidence for my claim to the title of "Messiah", but that's another story for another thread!

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

Have you any doubts "what he actually said" it would be fair to say that you don't have to be a professional lip reader to come to a conclusion.

Disregarding the spinning on this thread, there are two simple points:

1. He said it.

2. He denies he said it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Disregarding the spinning on this thread, there are two simple points:

1. He said it.

2. He denies he said it.

1. He said it. So what?

2. He denies he said it. He had good reason to.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Let the man who has never lied put his hand up.

Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valour.

Nothing whatsoever to do with discretion. And equating lying about something said in Parliament with others' personal life, really, well, quite stupid.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

Just now, SheungWan said:

Nothing whatsoever to do with discretion. And equating lying about something said in Parliament with others' personal life, really, well, quite stupid.

He didn't announce it to parliament, he said it as an aside which obviously wasn't meant to be heard by others. Irrelevant where he said it.

Everything to do with discretion. He has to sit next to Dianne Abbot every day. If he'd admitted to it, she'd have given him some serious "Oops upside his head". Powerful woman. Some say that she has muscles in her s**t.

Would it be more becoming for a leader of the Labour Party to have been seen taking a beating from a shadow minister and ex, in Parliament?

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Saying someone is 'fat' is only used as a derogatory term in my experience.  Saying someone is black, depends on how it is being 'used', similar to the use of 'old' as per your example.

Corbyn muttering (in an aside that had to be lip read) 'stupid' is definitely derogatory, but adding the term 'woman' is not at all derogatory IMO, it's just a statement of fact. - in the same way that if a man said something I considered stupid, I would mutter under my breath 'stupid man'.  Adding 'man' wouldn't be derogatory, as it would make no sense to call the man a 'stupid woman'!

A storm in a teacup.

But he used the derogatory word "Stupid" combined with the word  "Woman"

He called her a woman in a derogatory term , rather in a statement of fact

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

So which are you saying? That she's not stupid or she's not a woman?

If you agree that she is stupid (pretty inarguable) and that she is a woman (her husband can attest to that), doesn't that make her a stupid woman?

Edited by Spidey

Just now, sanemax said:

Only if you believe that when I mutter 'stupid man' when a man says something I consider stupid, you believe that I meant 'man' in a derogatory way!

As pointed out before, he was hardly likely to mutter 'stupid man' for obvious reasons!

Complete non-story IMO, and I've no idea why a few are getting so worked up about it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spidey said:

1. He said it. So what?

2. He denies he said it. He had good reason to.

He is head of the Labour party that opposes sexism and favors equality and there he is using sexist and misogynistic language when referring to the Prime Minister . 

Not only does he use that kind of language , he blatently lies about saying it  .

Corbyn is a dishonest liar who uses sexist language and thus he is not fit to hold office , let alone be PM

• Like 1

Just now, sanemax said:

He is head of the Labour party that opposes sexism and favors equality and there he is using sexist and misogynistic language when referring to the Prime Minister . 

Not only does he use that kind of language , he blatently lies about saying it  .

Corbyn is a dishonest liar who uses sexist language and thus he is not fit to hold office , let alone be PM

And May, to suit her own agenda, has given us a Brexit that is a Brexit in name only. A far greater crime that should certainly debar her from office. I wouldn't give her a job cleaning toilets.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And May, to suit her own agenda, has given us a Brexit that is a Brexit in name only. A far greater crime that should certainly debar her from office. I wouldn't give her a job cleaning toilets.

May hasnt yet given us a Brexit , its still in negations and its also not a crime , no crime will have been committed , whatever Brexit we get .

Just now, sanemax said:

May hasnt yet given us a Brexit , its still in negations and its also not a crime , no crime will have been committed , whatever Brexit we get .

You need 2 parties to negotiate. The Eu have clearly stated that negotiations are at an end.

So you voted Brexit and you are happy to accept a Brexit deal that gives you nothing that you actually wanted from Brexit?

May is a remainer. She's negotiated a "remain" Brexit and now says that it's my way or the highway. Exactly the same as Trump's stance on the US budget.

Corbyn is a fraud - as demonstrated by the video of him pretending there were no seats on a train,forcing him to sit on the floor,when,in fact,there were seats available.

Lets give PM May some credit.Negotiating a Brexit deal that could keep everyone happy was always going to be an impossible job.I think she`s done her best in very difficult circumstances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, persimmon said:

Lets give PM May some credit.Negotiating a Brexit deal that could keep everyone happy was always going to be an impossible job.I think she`s done her best in very difficult circumstances.

So she's negotiated a deal that keeps no one happy. Watch the parliamentary vote on it, if it ever happens.

Better still, honour British democracy and put it to a referendum of the people on whether to accept it or not.

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You need 2 parties to negotiate. The Eu have clearly stated that negotiations are at an end.

So you voted Brexit and you are happy to accept a Brexit deal that gives you nothing that you actually wanted from Brexit?

May is a remainer. She's negotiated a "remain" Brexit and now says that it's my way or the highway. Exactly the same as Trump's stance on the US budget.

Thats the way democracy works , the people vote to put the leaders in place and those leaders make the decisions and the people abide by them .

Individual people do not decide    

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And May, to suit her own agenda, has given us a Brexit that is a Brexit in name only. 

I would be very surprised if you knew the details of the negotiations , what is being negotiated and the term and whats been agreed upon and what hasnt .

So, I shall ask you .

Are you aware of the negotiation discussions and are you aware of the terms of Brexist.......................or are you doing a Jeremy ?

Just now, sanemax said:

Thats the way democracy works , the people vote to put the leaders in place and those leaders make the decisions and the people abide by them .

Individual people do not decide    

I completely agree with you, which is why we should never have had a referendum in the first place and people should stop banging on about "abiding by the wishes of the people". Parliament would have never voted for Brexit in the first place. They knew it wasn't in the best interest of the people to leave the EU.

In the worst case, they should have invoked article 50, negotiated a deaL with the EU and then, if they felt the need, had a referendum on whether to accept the deal or not.

As it was we had a referendum when no one had a clue what Brexit really entailed and what the actual consequences were. Democracy, my arse!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In the same way as (as far as I know), that it's not a crime yet to mutter that someone is a 'stupid man/woman'.....

• Like 2