Another Thai rip off artist:  "Romance Scammer" arrested in Samut Prakarn

webfact

Another Thai rip off artist:  "Romance Scammer" arrested in Samut Prakarn

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a female Thai romance scammer had been arrested in Samut Prakarn.

Her name is Natthanicha Sodajit who was wanted on a warrant issued in Chaiya, Surat Thani in Thailand's south. 

The arrest was announced by Samut Prakarn immigration chief Pol Col Thanongsak Jailuang. 

No further details were given except to state that the suspect would be charged with contravening regulations regarding use of the internet. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-20

41 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

...and this is part of the reason for rampant crime and corruption.  A black and white definition of right and wrong, criminal or not, is lacking in this justice system and culture.   

I do believe you are wrong, Khun Canuckthai. Thailand put into place a whole new set of computer crime laws, somewhere around 2007 I believe, based roughly on the British equivalent laws at that time. They do exist, and they did enable me to nail someone who had messed with my computer, thinking there was no way that I would be able to prove who had done it. Just slap "Thailand computer crime laws" into Google and it all come up ????

• Like 1

And again the media (including the amalgamaters) fall back to the illegal action of showing the face of people accused of crimes but not yet given due process. In the last few days again many instances of this. Perhaps a week back and the last several months faces weren't being shown.

There have been several reminders the appropriate authorities that this is illegal and not allowed.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Whatever happened to the media showing ethics and obeying the law?