Chinese visitors to Thailand hit 10 million for 1st time

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Don't TAT count tourist figures twice? The 30+ million is actually only 15 million. They count the flight in as 1 and the flight out as 1.

Please God, don't tell me that, today wasn't a good day already, I don't need to go jumping down any rabbit holes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

If anyone remembers, over 700,000 cancelled their holidays this season after the boat accident. Then more after the airport guard punched the Chinese tourist in the face. And those are the admitted numbers so you know they are much higher.

And then like magic... a new record.

Indeed, and what I think worries me a little, is there is never any correction of the rubbery numbers from the government. Serial feats of magic appear to be embraced and assimilated into the Prayuth miracle. But it's all manure, there are just too many contradictions for them to have any credibility at all..

And yet... nothing at all from the miracle-workers-in-chief. Very strange. It's almost as if they know that it's all manure but that they are intellectually so far in advance of the man in the street that they think whatever they say will be drunk right down like another batch of Kool-Aid.

I'm afraid this must be another facet of behaviour which points to Thais being essentially a bit thick. Not politically correct perhaps, but it does seem to be factually correct.

• Like 2

Ok 10 mio Chinese..fair enough....this may explain why dozens of hotels are closing, restaurants are rarely full, retailers have a significant drop of revenue, streets are not as crowded for a high season and why many international inbound flights into BKK,  have rows of empty seats...

21 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Ok 10 mio Chinese..fair enough....this may explain why dozens of hotels are closing, restaurants are rarely full, retailers have a significant drop of revenue, streets are not as crowded for a high season and why many international inbound flights into BKK,  have rows of empty seats...

Parallel universes. Trust me, they explain everything.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 6:13 AM, Misterwhisper said:

And there they are again, TAT, week after week whining and moaning how Chinese visitor numbers have dwindled and are in the doldrums.... and then they proudly announce a record 10 million visitors. So what is it now?

It was asked how TAT would spin the slumping tourist numbers....it appears the past few days we are getting a full on press. In order to remain at the trough they have to show success at bringing people back. Never mind the ultimate proof of the Bhat being spent or even looking at the streets of the popular destinations. Spin baby spin!

12 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Don't TAT count tourist figures twice? The 30+ million is actually only 15 million. They count the flight in as 1 and the flight out as 1.

Counted the arms and legs and forgot to divide by 4