New Tyres and alignment

JAS21

So following on from this topic …

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1069381-tread-on-tyre-is-lifting-new-everest/?page=2

As I said before I always like to deal with the same Tyre Shop … for some while now it has been a GoodYear  AutoCare shop, before that Eagle but the same people running it … it is the one on ChaengWattana  on the opposite side of the road to Makro and a little further towards Klong Prapa.

I paid 7250thb (29,000thb)  ☹️ for Parada Spec-x 265/50/R20, less the 3472thb that GoodYear credited me with. Yes I could have bought them cheaper at some other places and more so in China Town.   One place was somewhat cheaper but then they charged 250thb a wheel when they rotated and re-balance, so you have to be careful what the final offer is.

My offer was fit/balance/re-align … then they SMS you every six months to come in and have them re-balanced and rotated.  If you exceed 10K Kms before six months then you just take your car in early. The offer is for the lifetime of the tyres. Oh ..  and I got the last free  golfing Umbrella that they had.

Spec-x are one direction rotation only so two of the tyres were fitted onto the rims with the opposite side of the tyre to the outside. So must ensure that Ford don’t change them ‘diagonally’ at service.

Fitting and alignment took well over two hours … the alignment bit was at least 45 minutes! And the guy looked to know what he was doing which is quite a plus ...

Comparing how hard the rubber was on the old tyres (just three years old) to the Yoko’s it’s probably sensible to change every three years, maybe not financially but safety wise. Also stopping that extra meter early might save a big bill.

A few pics of the alignment gear … unfortunately I missed the final figures…

New_20181221_165657.jpg

New_20181221_165701.jpg

New_20181221_165831.jpg

New_20181221_165905.jpg

Edited by JAS21