The week that was in Thailand news: Have yourself a very Melly Clitamart!

rooster59

I totally agree with your comment regarding the Bangkok Post, I stopped buying the Mon- Sat edition as it progressively grew thinner and by the time it arrives here in the North, late afternoon the news is certainly old.

Im afraid the Sunday edition will soon be discontinued particularly as they seem to have stopped providing the Spectrum supplement

which to me was the only section worth reading.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I think that is drawing a long bow there,i see no denigration of Jesus in Rooster's column,he said he was an atheist that is all,surely he is entitled to his view .

"If anyone does mention God or, heaven forbid, Jesus on Facebook they can always be  unfriended."

That's close enough to denigrating Christ for me... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Denigrating Christ at Christmas does not become you... Lucky for you Christians have not adopted the Muslim philosophy for settling scores. 

What if someone said that by Xmas time all male reindeer have lost their antlers would that make rudolf a female gender bender?

Also some pope or other has now decided that JC  was born in Syria in 6 AD.

That's one of the problems with fairy stories.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I totally agree with your comment regarding the Bangkok Post, I stopped buying the Mon- Sat edition as it progressively grew thinner and by the time it arrives here in the North, late afternoon the news is certainly old.

Im afraid the Sunday edition will soon be discontinued particularly as they seem to have stopped providing the Spectrum supplement

which to me was the only section worth reading.

I agree, Spectrum was the only reason worth getting the Sunday edition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

"If anyone does mention God or, heaven forbid, Jesus on Facebook they can always be  unfriended."

That's close enough to denigrating Christ for me... 

To each their own :biggrin:

Merry Kris Mat Rooster, that's how my Thai relatives Greet me during my Dec to Feb visit

3 years ago. I find the Christmas season in Canada to be too commercial. The stores start

stocking Christmas decorations in the big stores even before Rememberance day. And at one

mall I heard Carols being played in mid November. I do enjoy the 12 days of Christmas as

it is close enough to the  actual day to get into the spirit of the season.  Thanks for all the chuckles

and updates of news throughout the year.

Geezer

• Like 2

On 12/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, NightSky said:

Why do you feel the need to make fun of a Thai accent for spoken English in the title of your post? 

pathetic

Cuz' it's funny?

On 12/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, NightSky said:

Why do you feel the need to make fun of a Thai accent for spoken English in the title of your post

Think of it as encouragement - Thai English speaking skills are among the worst in Asia and well deserve a bit of gentle seasonal lampooning. He's riffing on a very old theme in any case, things might have changed by now if they'd put in a little more effort. 

Melly kissmat, no think too mutts. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 5:30 PM, DrTuner said:

Oi, can't have fun these days, somebody might get offended. A crime worse than murdering a small village.

Pathetic really. PC gone crazy. Can't even make fun of common everyday poor pronunciation.

Better not take the piss of my Yorkshire accent then or I'll file a complaint with the authorities. Ee by gum ar will.