Trump, annoyed by resignation letter, pushes out Mattis early

webfact

I called it a few days ago when Mattis resigned:

On 12/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, attrayant said:

Mattis was smart to write his resignation letter above a 5th grade reading level.  Obviously Trump can't read between the lines or else he'd realize he's being called a terrible president who is dead-wrong on foreign policy.

Trump entirely failed to comprehend the wording in the letter until he saw all the negative reaction in the media.

24 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I called it a few days ago when Mattis resigned:

Trump entirely failed to comprehend the wording in the letter until he saw all the negative reaction in the media.

But then just about everybody knows (apart from the Trump die-hards) that this man is a clown with the intelligence level of a pickled squid..........so how could he?

9 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Why was there no fuss about Mattis's removal under the previous administration? 

Can always rely on Boon Mee to ride to Trump's defence and try to excuse him.  By now surely Trump should be trying to get him into his team.  The dedication to his hero is impressive indeed. ????

21 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Can always rely on Boon Mee to ride to Trump's defence and try to excuse him.  By now surely Trump should be trying to get him into his team.  The dedication to his hero is impressive indeed. ????

Unilateral (one way) loyalty has always been the hallmark of Trump supporters. Many of them are that way for a calculating reason (those who've gone to work for him): they want something in return. Others are just enamored at his perceived adoption of values they agree with. What those in the second category don't realize is he doesn't believe in any of those values. He is just using them.

The coward-in-chief Trump showed that he absolutely has no backbone by having Pompeo talk to Mattis about leaving on Jan 1st. 

Trump Reportedly Has Not Spoken to Mattis for Days, Had Pompeo Call to Tell Him He Was Out Jan. 1

President Donald Trump has reportedly not been on speaking terms with Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis for days and didn’t even bother to personally call and tell Mattis he was out effective January 1, according to multiple outlets.

Instead, he had Secretary of State Mike Pompeo do it.

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Obama was neither beholden to nor compromised by Putin and did not place personal financial interest over America's strategic interest. Also Obama worked closely with experienced DoD officials before taking decisions.

Rubbish.

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Trump is a Republican president who had a republican majority in the House and Senate. And yet his failures are the fault of the opposition?

Yes, and it really is time the Clinton's are investigated.

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Yes, Benghazi must be investigated!!! 

Uh, wait a moment...OK scratch that. 

How about Pizzagate!!! 

Uh, no....

Anyway, lock her up! 

I am not opposed to getting troops out of Syria, as well as a lot of other places, but it can't be done if we jeopardize our alliance and endangers those who have supported the US.   He is leaving the Kurds in a perilous position.   Erdogan may go after ISIS, but it is convenient for him that he can now wipe both the Kurds and ISIS out at the same time.   Pretty easy to wipe out everyone when they are in the same place.

So, yes lock HIM up.   The question is, should it be in prison or a mental facility?

I’ve supported/ made excuses for Trump till now but enough is enough.

Bring out the Straight Jacket and maybe some Hand Cuffs, have to wonder if he’s got a deal with ISIS to build a few Trump Towers for them in Syria ?

This is one area where the Yank-bashers are very useful. I steal most of their lines when having online "discussions" with Trump supporters. Some French guy stopped me the other day in the condo lobby after learning that I was American. I guess he was expecting me to defend Trump. I just nodded my head in agreement and smiled. When Trump brings the French and the Americans together, you KNOW he's bad news. ????

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That was only a reality t.v. act. In real life he's not enough of a man to fire people himself. He has people for that.

And I guess he relies on the fact he's got some very tough guys / gals around him 24 hrs a day (guess his father the same so it's what the clown grew up with) so he has no fear of any reprisal regardless of how inappropriate, unprofessional, immature and nasty and insulting his words and actions are. 

Let's just hope the people of the USA learn from this and in the future don't allow such evil creatures to get into any senior positions and especially the POTUS position. 

Archived