Chinese parents present four life insurance policies to Kamala police

webfact

Chinese parents present four life insurance policies to Kamala police

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__9592863-1024x767.jpg

“They believed that Zhang didn’t have money of his own.”

Chinese parents have presented four life insurance policies, valued at almost 100 million baht, to Kamala police after their daughter was murdered in Phuket in October.

A Chinese man, who allegedly murdered his wife, ‘Xiaojie’ (not her real name), remains in custody at the Phuket Provincial Court. The Kamala Police Chief says the man will face a murder charge if police can find evidence that he killed his wife to collect on insurance payments.

The Chinese husband, Zhang Weifan, is from Tianjin, China and is alleged to have murdered his wife during a family vacation in Phuket after buying up life insurance policies in her name.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/chinese-parents-present-four-life-insurance-policies-to-kamala-police

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-12-24

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

More information about this despicable act here. What makes it worse is they have a toddler. 

The news article in your link says there were 18 life insurance policies. 

I would have thought the insurance companies "communicate" with each other in China, as they do in the west, so "discrepancies" of over insuring can be brought to light. 

A heinous crime, motivated by greed.  I hope the punishment fits the crime.

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

This stinks of an insurance scam and I hope no one gets one baht, even her family - FOUR life insurances by her parents!!!

Don’t ever think of becoming a detective Bill, comprehensions definitely not one of your strong points...

On 12/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, NamKangMan said:

The news article in your link says there were 18 life insurance policies. 

I would have thought the insurance companies "communicate" with each other in China, as they do in the west, so "discrepancies" of over insuring can be brought to light. 

A heinous crime, motivated by greed.  I hope the punishment fits the crime.

The insurance companies are the only parties who gained something out of this tragedy: they cashed their premiums already.

Even if the death had not been found out as murder, they would have looked twice at every detail before paying out, and then they would have probably found out that there were so many contracts, that the signatures were forged, and who had paid for them. I doubt he would have obtained all the cash anyway.

I hope the baby can get on well in life.

Archived