Cash amounts in Thai Baths allowed to take out to a neighbouring country

Hi everyone, 

I have read here in the past that we can take up to one million baths in cash when flying to a neighbouring country like Laos or Malaysia

It this still true and still legal ? 

Do I have to make a custom declaration at the Bangkok airport ?

Thanks in advance to those who will take some time to help me with their responses

Cheers

Merideur

2 million baht limit to neighboring countries and Vietnam. That is for Thai Baht currency only. The amount is unlimited to any country if transported in foreign currency.

Yes, you must declare it if the value is more than US$ 15,000 equivalent. Do that at the VAT refund counter at the airport before you pass through security.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, Monomial said:

2 million baht limit to neighboring countries and Vietnam. That is for Thai Baht currency only. The amount is unlimited to any country if transported in foreign currency.

Yes, you must declare it if the value is more than US$ 15,000 equivalent. Do that at the VAT refund counter at the airport before you pass through security.

Thank you very much Monomial, where can I find an oficial printed  document confirming that,

Regards

Merideur

On 12/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, Jacques MERIDEUR said:

Thank you very much Monomial, where can I find an oficial printed  document confirming that,

Regards

Merideur

https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

2. Local Currency

There is no limit on the amount of Thai baht bank notes that may be brought into the country. A person traveling to Vietnam, the People's Republic of China (only Yunnan province) and Thailand's bordering countries is allowed to take out  up to THB 2,000,000. A person traveling to other countries is allowed up to THB 50,000.

Any person bringing into or taking out of Thailand Thai baht bank notes, foreign currency bank notes or negotiable monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding 450,000 Baht or USD 15,000 or its equivalent must declare to a customs officer.

There was an almost identical question posted the day before yours in the same forum - did you look?

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, Jacques MERIDEUR said:

I have read here in the past that we can take up to one million baths in cash when flying to a neighbouring country like Laos or Malaysia

Mint !!! These "baths" would be great stuff for anybody that has accumulated too much cash.

Does anybody come to mind ?

•  
  • 4,468 posts
On 12/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, Jacques MERIDEUR said:

https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

2. Local Currency

There is no limit on the amount of Thai baht bank notes that may be brought into the country. A person traveling to Vietnam, the People's Republic of China (only Yunnan province) and Thailand's bordering countries is allowed to take out  up to THB 2,000,000. A person traveling to other countries is allowed up to THB 50,000.

Any person bringing into or taking out of Thailand Thai baht bank notes, foreign currency bank notes or negotiable monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding 450,000 Baht or USD 15,000 or its equivalent must declare to a customs officer.

There was an almost identical question posted the day before yours in the same forum - did you look?

Thank you TOPT

I didnt see the topic 2 days ago

Thanks again this will help us a lot

Best regards,

merideur